Trusted Contributor

Dyson Ball Vacuum....Kind of Disappointed

About three years ago, I bought the Dyson Ball Canister. It appeared to be a good investment, worked well.....for a while. Then  the large rug/head attachment stopped working and fell apart. I contacted Dyson and they sent a new attachment which I very much appreciated. I used it as usual and within 6 months it broke again. I am still using it but it goes between working and not working, and has a really strange noise. This unit was not inexpensive and I expected much better from Dyson. Has anyone else had problems with theirs?

Honored Contributor

Re: Dyson Ball Vacuum....Kind of Disappointed

I also have the Dyson Ball Vacuum, I really like it, especially the on board attachments.  Several things have broke on mine as well, the hose broke, and the wheel cover in the front comes off...often.  Now when I shut it down the motor really whines.  I am not going to have it fixed, Sears was the spot I could take it to and I guess they would send it in, not really sure how it worked.  

I'll just use it until it dies, I am not sure if I would by another Dyson, I see that some of their new ones are bbattery operated, and I am not buying a battery powered whole house vacuum.  I do have their  battery operated stick vac for quick clean ups, and I really like it....their products are expensive.

Honored Contributor

I bought a Dyson from the Q 2 years ago, I think it was a TSV, it did have great suction, but the hose was so stiff and heavy it was hard to use to vacuum the furniture. I returned it and never tried another model, they are over priced anyway. Really all their products are.

Respected Contributor

Have had both the ball canister and the rechargeable stick Dyson.  Never again !

at first they were good about sending out replacement parts for the stick vacuum.  Then, after 5 years, the battery went.  It was practically the cost of a new stick vacuum.

For both machines, the tabs have broken off:  they are made of plastic.  The joke: customer service said the reason they are made of plastic is because it won’t add to the weight of the machine.  Really ?  That little tab would tip the scales....I don’t think so.

As for the ball canister, the hose for vacuuming furniture or drapes is ridiculously difficult to maneuver:  very stiff and unbending.

Don’t buy into the old hype:  save your money and buy a Shark !

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill