Valued Contributor

My problem started when I had my facebook open and tried to send a video to my daughter and for some reason it picked up the address of my facebook news feed.  I noticed it after I sent it and if I click on it in my email it goes into my facebook account only if the account is open.  I usually leave it open during the day.  I thought putting in a new email and password would do it but I'm sure she can get into it.  I could make a second account but I'm in a lot of groups and would have to redo everything.  Anyone have any idea how I can avoid opening a new account.  I would like to keep it private especially on messenger.

Respected Contributor

Have you tried getting into the settings? 

Respected Contributor

Can't decipher what all the "it"s are referring to, so don 't understand the problem. If you can, please explain more clearly what you are trying to do and what hapoens when you try to do it. 

Trusted Contributor

Everyone's FB page links are available. If someone other than you clicks on it, it doesn't mean that they're logged in under your login. The can only see what your permissions allow. You have nothing to worry about, as long as others don't have your password.

Honored Contributor

Privacy, coupled with the word Facebook, strikes me as an anomaly. 

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

Lock down yr privAcy settings

change ur password 

stop usixng the messenger app I read that is very invasive I don’t use it 

that’s all I’ve got 

Valued Contributor

Yes, I can get into my settings.  I know that privacy on facebook isn't what we think but in this case I sent by accident my open news feed page on an email.  I went into my email and if I click on the link I sent it opens if I'm signed into facebook and if I'm not it goes to my log in page with my name on it.  I want to block my daughter from getting into my account.  Not sure how to do that. 

When you say lock down your privay settings what do you mean.

Esteemed Contributor

@kismet wrote:

Yes, I can get into my settings.  I know that privacy on facebook isn't what we think but in this case I sent by accident my open news feed page on an email.  I went into my email and if I click on the link I sent it opens if I'm signed into facebook and if I'm not it goes to my log in page with my name on it.  I want to block my daughter from getting into my account.  Not sure how to do that. 

When you say lock down your privay settings what do you mean.

@kismet- Facebook account?  Just block her.

Valued Contributor

I thought about blocking her but don't want to make hard feelings.  How do I lock down the account?  I did change my password.

Esteemed Contributor

@kismet wrote:

I thought about blocking her but don't want to make hard feelings.  How do I lock down the account?  I did change my password.

You really can't lock down the account.  You can change your privacy setting.  What exactly is it that you don't want your daughter to see?  Your posts aren't clear.