Honored Contributor

Re: Phone advice Compare Apple I-Phone with android

My daughter got an Andoid phone after using my old iphone. She said I wouldn't like the android LOL. She's still adapting to it. She basically only got it because it was cheaper. She knows that next year when I upgrade to iphone 8 I'll give her my 6+. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Respected Contributor

@bonnielu wrote:

Thanks, it is my hubby who only uses his phone to make calls. I kid you not.  Any problem at all he gets frustrated and calls me to fix it or explain it.  I was just trying to give me some peace.  In my case love my android... love the open source, love the options and love the operating systems since there are more than one.  

I just wanted to help him but cannot see having a different phone for him and me.  I will go nuts when something does not work.  Man Sad

I understand 100%.  It is so much easier to have the same or similiar phones.  It makes chargers and accessory sharing so much easier too.  One type of car charger, ear buds, etc.

I am at the point in my life when I am trying to simplify!

Honored Contributor

@bonnielu wrote:

Thanks, it is my hubby who only uses his phone to make calls. I kid you not.  Any problem at all he gets frustrated and calls me to fix it or explain it.  I was just trying to give me some peace.  In my case love my android... love the open source, love the options and love the operating systems since there are more than one.  

I just wanted to help him but cannot see having a different phone for him and me.  I will go nuts when something does not work.  Man Sad

I finally trained mine to use google to help troubleshoot his issues with Windows, because I got tired of him relying on me to fix it. Especially since I haven't used Windows in years. He does have an iphone though and I don't mind helping him with it when he can't remember how to do something.  

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

I think it is all about keeping my life simple. DH & I both have android tablets that we use daily and understand well, it was a natural transition for us to get android smartphones. I suppose if you have an I pad already then it would be simpler to get an i phone too.

personally, for us - for our needs - it is all about the money. I will never pay what they are asking for Apple products.

Respected Contributor

I think there's a learning curve any time you make a drastic change.  I have an IPhone and hubby has an Android.   Neither one of us can run the others.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*