Super Contributor

@sweetP wrote:

Congratulations!  Please come back and let us know how you like it!  I'm in the same situtation - I have a 27" iMac I purchased in 2014. It won't update anymore is very slow.

I've been holding out purchasing a new one because I'm not sure if I want to go the laptop route and also waiting for what's coming in the Fall (Apple's Keynote).

Have fun with your new purchase!

You can always to a complete restore and start over. It won't help with the update situation but, it will breathe new life into an old computer.  

Contributor

Oh thank you!  Yes I will look into that!

Honored Contributor

@Lilysmom1 wrote:

@gidgetgh @exciting to get a new laptop.  I have MacBook Pro and like it quite a bit. Yours must have the new. M2 chip?  Come back and review pls.  LM

@Lilysmom1 - yes I waited to order till the new ones came out. I ordered the one with the M2 chip.  It's not being shipped till mid-August.

I've never really been a laptop kind of girl, prefer a desktop, if for no other reason than you can leave it plugged in, but I really wanted something smaller this time.  My nephew works for Apple and speaks really highly of the Air and the Pro.  

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Super Contributor

Woo hoo! Congrats! I just ordered mine, too!

Even though I use a PC at work, I've been a Mac guy since high school and that's all I use at home! But this is my first Air - what color did you get? I initially ordered the midnight, but then after seeing all the negative reviews about fingerprints and scratching, I changed my color to space gray.

Enjoy your new Air! We'll have to compare notes! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Husband got a new Mac Pro with the new chip and is amazed! His old Mac Pro was not quite 3 years old.

My Mac Air is about 2 years old--now I want a new one too!  LOL!!!   We always trade them in.

Honored Contributor

@tl98466 wrote:

Woo hoo! Congrats! I just ordered mine, too!

Even though I use a PC at work, I've been a Mac guy since high school and that's all I use at home! But this is my first Air - what color did you get? I initially ordered the midnight, but then after seeing all the negative reviews about fingerprints and scratching, I changed my color to space gray.

Enjoy your new Air! We'll have to compare notes! Smiley Happy

@tl98466 - I ordered the midnight. Mine is pretty much just going to sit on my desk, where my iMac is now, so I shouldn't have much problem with fingerprints or scratches because I won't be moving it around. I'm really looking forward to getting it. I hope we both love them. 

Super Contributor

Nice! Can't wait to hear about it! Mine should be arriving in the next week or two. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I've ordered one, as well.  It will replace my MacBook Pro, that I purchased in either 2015 or 2016!   Time for a newer model.  

I was pleasantly surprised to learn I'd get $190 for my trade-in. 

Super Contributor

Congrats september on the new air! And $190 for your old computer! I needed a newer model too. I just rec'd my air today! Smiley Happy Migrated everything from my MacBook Pro to the Air - and have just started to play with it - so far so good!

Enjoy yours!Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Loving my new computer. I received it last Monday, but didn't set it up till last Thursday. Big change downsizing from 27 inches, but I really like it so far.

And it was so easy to use the transfer assistant to move my files over. I'm thrilled with my purchase.