Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: New MacBook Air...question about yahoo mail

@glb613...I thought of that but I had to give my cell number when I set up the account...they sent that via my cell phone...spoken, no text....but when I need to retrieve/change the password they will only text me......such a hassle.

As emails come into my old macbook I am changing the email address to my gmail account....never again will I deal with yahoo.

Respected Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

@glb613...I thought of that but I had to give my cell number when I set up the account...they sent that via my cell phone...spoken, no text....but when I need to retrieve/change the password they will only text me......such a hassle.

As emails come into my old macbook I am changing the email address to my gmail account....never again will I deal with yahoo.

There are other web based e-mail services, gmail and hotmail are two I use, and I'd suggest you create a new e-mail account for a variety of reasons.  I did find this while searching for how to reset a Yahoo e-mail password.  You might try it.  FYI, if you do get into your account, change your password recovery option to your new e-mail account.

Change yahoo password

Trusted Contributor

Delete your Yahoo account in mail settings.  Add again.

Good luck.

Trusted Contributor

@Reever wrote:

I find the Apple computers too expensive, I cannot justify their luxurious price tag. I use an Amazon Fire. Much better than an Apple in my opinion and $1500 cheaper. Apple needs to cut their prices. My grandniece spent a ridiculous fortune on a telephone despite protests from Mom and Dad. Why a 20 year old needs to be carrying around a phone that costs $800 is beyond me.

What does that have to do with the OP’s issue or question?

Honored Contributor

@EatWell....the yahoo account does not show up in mail....

I so wish I was more computer literate.....

Respected Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

When you first got your new Macbook, did you get into the mail settings and add your Yahoo account?  If not, how are you accessing your mail? 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mom2Dogs

Why not get an apple email.  I believe they are safer.  If you just purchased your computer, apple support can walk you through it.  If you didn’t get apple care, support will still be free for the first three months.  And if it’s something minor they probably won’t charge you anyway.  Also, if you have an Apple Store near you, they will help you with anything.

Honored Contributor

@glb613

@glb613 wrote:

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

When you first got your new Macbook, did you get into the mail settings and add your Yahoo account?  If not, how are you accessing your mail? 

I was accessing my yahoo via www.yahoo.com, and that is when I was not able to get into my account on the new macbook.....now I understand how mail works on the mac, but I am wondering if I still would have been locked out of the account because I still would have had to put my password in and that is where the problem started.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it contains an external retail link