Valued Contributor

Hckynut--Question for you about the Canon printer

John--I just ordered the Canon Pixma MX922 this morning from HSN. They finally lowered the price back to what they had previously ($59.95), and I jumped on it. Whenever you get a chance to check (no hurry), could you possibley let me know the generic brand of ink that you bought for yours. Would really appreciate it. Thanks!

Honored Contributor

Re: Hckynut--Question for you about the Canon printer

@hckynut  Paging you for qualityshopper

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@qualityshopper@NickNack,

Last time I bought the generic I purchased a box that had 4 complete sets of all 5 colors. Took them all out of the box and put each color in separate plastic bags on which I wrote each color. They never run out at the same time, thus this made it easier for me to grab the right color without having to read the color. Just how I arrange everything I do.

The colors come in semi-clear packages with no name on them so I haven't been able to find the place I bought them. Seems like I bought through my amazon prime and bought from a vendor that had good ink reviews from a lot of customers, some that even compare generic inks.

Been some time back and we buy so much from amazon I wouldn't even know where to start looking in my "past orders" to start looking. That is 1 thing amazon does not make easy if you buy something a couple, or more times a week.

If I somehow find it or remember I will put up a post to let you know. Having surgery Thursday so might be a little sore for awhile after. Since I can't take Advil/Aleve etc, and won't take any Opiod pain meds, may be sore for a little longer.

If you don't print a lot and use the "grey(grayscale)" setting and the "fast setting", ink lasts a lot longer. That is where I set it for my "default setting", and if I want better or color print, I change the setting just for that print only. Have some fun with your new printer.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Valued Contributor

@hckynut--Sorry that you're going to be having surgery. Hope all goes well and that you won't be too sore afterwards. Don't worry about trying to find the brand info. I'll just do as you did and check out the reviews on Amazon for a top-rated generic version. Can't wait to get this printer--so happy they offered it again at the previous price. I thought I had blown it. Best of luck to you on Thursday.

@NickNack--Just wanted to say thanks for the push.