Super Contributor

Yesterday for some reason the email on my Samsung Galaxy J7 Sky Pro  would not sync. Now it is telling me to check account settings or contact your service provider.

Anyone here know what I can do?

I am not tech savy with all this stuff and don't want to make a mess trying to get it to work.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Respected Contributor

@crazy4bears - I am as dumb as a bunch of rocks regarding technology, but if you purchased your phone at your cellphone network provider, I would start with a visit to the storefront (whether T-Mobile, or Verizon, Sprint, etc.) to ask them for help. If you purchased your phone elsewhere, perhaps try a visit there to seek assistance.

Good luck resolving the problem. If that doesn't work, perhaps a Cell Doc store, or some similar place that fixes cellphones, might help?

Super Contributor

Sorry did not say that it is a Tracfone purchased a few years ago.

Honored Contributor

Re: Need Tech help please

[ Edited ]

"don't want to make a mess trying to get it to work."

Check out YouTube video tutorials for your model Samsung.  A video is worth a thousand words just like photos.

OR

Call Samsung and/or Tracfone CR if you do not under the user manual that came w/your phone.  Tell them exactly what you stated in your post.  Advise them you want baby steps instructions, have them stay on the line until the matter is fixed.

TAKE NOTES & let CR know you are taking notes.  Keep notes in a safe place in case the issue crops up again.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

@crazy4bears

How are you viewing your mail? If you are using a browser please go the Google Play store and update the browser app on phone.

When you are able buy yourself a new Tracfone. Android will not run apps forever. 

You may want to consider buying a new phone, if you are running Android 8.

Please go into the settings of your phone. You will find at the bottom of the list  section called "About Software". You will find under this heading the number of the software on your phone. Like Android 8 or 9. 

Honored Contributor

My hotmail account has had issues recently where it won't sync unless I reenter my PIN. Then it works fine. If there's something on the screen that says something like "Fix this account" then tap that and follow the instructions.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@crazy4bears wrote:

Sorry did not say that it is a Tracfone purchased a few years ago.

@crazy4bears 

I have the exact same phone ... purchased on QVC.   My current problem is with the AOL app .... for some odd reason, there ae several gobbeldy ****** contacts that have somehow appeared, and there is no way to delete contacts.  The AOL contacts on my laptop don't match the contacts on my phone.   (???)

Should be easy, right?  So ... I spent time on the phone with an AOL CS person, and to send me over to Tech Support, I have to sign up for a paying AOL account.  I gave her a hard time.

There is NOTHING in their Help section indicating how to delete contacts .... I can't imagine why they would leave this off.