Respected Contributor

Loving my Nook Glowlight 3!!

I bought mine just now. I caved in. At store still got my 10% member discount. I love love love it. Winner winner chicken dinner! Yes feature wise kindle may be better but B&N finally got a lot right this time.

The night reading is amazing. Only thing I have to compare it to is the Kindle Tablet. The Kindle tablet had a blue light ( or whatever it is called) for night reading. It is also orange but washes out the screen images and text color but not so on the new Nook! It is a nice halloween like orange BUT the text still stays dark and crisp and easy to read! Its also an attractive orange( as attractive as an orange color can get I guess).

The new Nook is faster than the Glowlight Plus. My Glowlight plus always been sluggish and had to press hard on the home button to get home. It took the software update to match the new Nook but is buggy and the home button stopped working and I have to reboot to get to the home screen unless I go to the settings first then the home button will work. Odd yes. The new nook home button works great. One push and I am home. No more pounding on the home button. This new device is overall faster than the previous Nooks and the contrast and resolution is perfect. It looks as good as my Kindle Oasis 1st generation to be honest. I have not compared them yet but the screen and the images are noticably crisp and vibrant.

My Nook glowlight accesories work on it as well. I have the floral design charger and car adapter ( Kate Spade brand I believe?) for the Glowlight Plus and it fits the new Glowlight 3.

Reading was a chore on the Glowight Plus but this is a real joy so far. I find it better than the Kindle Paperwhite.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Loving my Nook Glowlight 3!!

@kcladyz  That's so nice to hear you're loving your new Nook Glowlight.  I have a first generation Nook Simple Touch and I love it because of the physical page turn buttons.  I always wished it had a backlight because I like to read at night in the dark and I found the booklights were too bright for me.  Now I have a Kindle Paperwhite and I like that a lot, mostly because of the backlight.  I do still miss my Nook Simple Touch sometimes, though.  I just liked the way it fit in my hands.  

Does your Glowlight 3 have physical page turn buttons?

Another reason I chose not to buy the Glowlight was because of some poor reviews about it getting a tear in the screen and the light shining through.  Hopefully, that issue has been resolved and you'll have no issues with your device.  Happy reading!

*QVC Community member since 10/24/2006*
Respected Contributor

@Stargazer77 wrote:

@kcladyz  That's so nice to hear you're loving your new Nook Glowlight.  I have a first generation Nook Simple Touch and I love it because of the physical page turn buttons.  I always wished it had a backlight because I like to read at night in the dark and I found the booklights were too bright for me.  Now I have a Kindle Paperwhite and I like that a lot, mostly because of the backlight.  I do still miss my Nook Simple Touch sometimes, though.  I just liked the way it fit in my hands.  

Does your Glowlight 3 have physical page turn buttons?

Another reason I chose not to buy the Glowlight was because of some poor reviews about it getting a tear in the screen and the light shining through.  Hopefully, that issue has been resolved and you'll have no issues with your device.  Happy reading!

Yes it is lighted and its thinner  and better looking than  the first.  It has page turn buttons and  has a nice night lighting feature

Trusted Contributor

@kcladyz  I just looked up the Nook Glowlight 3 and it looks exactly like my original Nook Simple Touch.  Now I will sit on my hands because I really don't need it!   Smiley LOL 

*QVC Community member since 10/24/2006*
Respected Contributor

@kcladyz, based on your excellent review, I went to my local BN & upgraded since my original Simple Touch is a bit outdated.  Love it & thanks for the heads up!!