Super Contributor

I have an iPad Mini, iPad Air and a Kindle and I wouldn't want to be without any of them! If I had to choose I would pick the iPad Air - it does everything a Kindle does and more!

Trusted Contributor
Another vote for the iPad here. Smiley Happy
Esteemed Contributor

This is another vote for an iPad Air.

Occasional Contributor
On 3/9/2014 PinkSugar said:

Depends on what you want it for. I have 3 Kindles. I do banking, FB, email, read & play a few games. My HD has a HDMI port so I can do it all on my tv. I have the keyboard, 7" & 8.9" Fire. Class A support too. I would choose the Kindle over the Nook anyday. You don't need to add memory because you have free cloud storage.

I bought the Kindle Fire last October from QVC and I'm NOT a tech savvy person, but I LOVE my Kindle!! Very easy to use and the price is 1/2 of the IPad. I can do email, Facebook, games, weather, Google and lots more on the Kindle. I would get another one in a heartbeat. Make sure you get one with a 32 gig of memory ....not much more money.

Silver

Honored Contributor

If you are like me and not a techy, you won't see any difference between an Ipad and Kindle. You'll be very happy with a Kindle. My husband and my girls are totally into Ipads and forever extolling the added features. I'm sure they are right. But I don't see it all. I don't even believe that Ipads are "faster" than my Kindle. They seem the same to me. I love my Kindle, it's like a part of me. I never leave home without it. And I have never once, had the occasion to say "I wish my Kindle did....". It does everything I need it to do.

Respected Contributor

I own both an ipad air and kindle hdx. ipad is better. no matter what, the kindle is designed for reading not web surfing.

ipad is faster, customizeable when kindle is not. You do not have the ability to change home screen and such. ipad is also more user friendly

Honored Contributor

Unless it is the cost, I honestly see no reason to get the Kindle. Get the IPad or the IPad Mini. Even if you get an older IPad, it still beats a Kindle.