Honored Contributor

Anybody have 1 ? Do you like it?   Looking to get rid of landline since

they keep raising the price. Jitterbug, will too, I know, but, will take them awhile to get to what I'm paying now which is 65 a month.

All I want is phone service, in the United States. I would pick the 2500 minute plan for 30 a month not including taxes and fees see how much that would be at Best Buy.

don't want internet, don't want to text or send pictures, just place and receive calls to take place of land line phone. No games or teenage stuff.

Honored Contributor

My dad had a Jitterbug phone for a few years, until he passed away in 2016. It worked great for what he needed which was just to take and make phones calls. 

I think they also offer phones now that allow texting. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

It's just a simplified cell phone.  I've been using a Tracphone for years.  I have over 6,000 accumulated minutes.  I'm using it now as my computer.  As long as I use it at home with my wifi, I'm not charged any minutes.  It costs me about $5/mo to use it.

To me, having to remember to carrying a cell phone around the house would be very inconvenient.   I know I'd go to bed and not have a phone at my bedside.  Can't hear it ring if it's in another room.  Lots of disadvantage using a cell as primary phone.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

My Mother (  85 yr old )  bought one  abt 3 yrs ago . She had a  low vision  deficit  . The numbers were  a little easier for her to read and simplistic  enough for her to navigate . She  also had texting capability . 

Honored Contributor

@SharkE.  Did you check out Vonage.com?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

True, we don't have that many friends. When I talk to one sister we can talk 1000 minutes a month, so, I think the 30.00 a month, plus fees and taxes will do for us.

Don't have to change # is good. I got pc's coming out both ends and still use phone books, so, don't need the internet.

Husband is nervous about retirement and blew up last night over landline going up in price again. Wants me to pay for everything of course.

If I don't recognize the number will ignore it comes with caller ID and waiting which I don't care about call waiting anyway, let 'em wait. LOL

Honored Contributor

yeah, to much like smart phone and pricey. Might as well keep landline

So many phones that are geared to seniors emphasize calling for help

just hit 911. LOL

We just want to call and receive calls from people we want to talk too

No fancy junk that is a money pit.

Phone would cost 75 to purchase then 30 a month.

I can try it and I guess if don't like I can cancel without any trouble

will ask about that too at Best Buy. I'm sure they will want credit card to

charge your 30 a month to.

@Kachina624 

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

It's just a simplified cell phone.  I've been using a Tracphone for years.  I have over 6,000 accumulated minutes.  I'm using it now as my computer.  As long as I use it at home with my wifi, I'm not charged any minutes.  It costs me about $5/mo to use it.

To me, having to remember to carrying a cell phone around the house would be very inconvenient.   I know I'd go to bed and not have a phone at my bedside.  Can't hear it ring if it's in another room.  Lots of disadvantage using a cell as primary phone.

@Kachina624    Tracfone is a cell phone. We have 2 of them which we will drop, probably, still have to carry it around. I plan to put the JBug where the landline is now keep it on charger.

he's got 5500 minutes on his and I have 5000. we would use up the minutes, then, drop Tracfone too. Might keep one, though for 100 a yr be a back up don't know if JBug would be good to take on vacations or not

Trusted Contributor

You should hook her up with a flip phone from Consumer Cellular. They have monthly plans starting at $15. And AARP members get 5% off. They have The best customer service according to J.D.Powers.Check out their website.

Honored Contributor

yeah, I checked them out.