Honored Contributor

So I accidentally dropped my iPod on tiled floor, it wasn't a very far drop. Anyway, now I have these gray, white, and black vertical lines on the screen. I cannot shut the iPod down, it won't respond to any of the buttons. I took out Apple Care on it, it expires in September. I guess I'm off to Best Buy tomorrow to see what can be done. I hope they don't give me a hard time, I have seen them turn away many customers. If I buy a new one, I'll definitely buy it at the Apple store.

Respected Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

So I accidentally dropped my iPod on tiled floor, it wasn't a very far drop. Anyway, now I have these gray, white, and black vertical lines on the screen. I cannot shut the iPod down, it won't respond to any of the buttons. I took out Apple Care on it, it expires in September. I guess I'm off to Best Buy tomorrow to see what can be done. I hope they don't give me a hard time, I have seen them turn away many customers. If I buy a new one, I'll definitely buy it at the Apple store.

Do you have a local Apple Store? The guys at the "genius bar" can work wonders. You will need an appointment which you can make online. Either way, good luck getting your issue resolved.

Honored Contributor

The iPod no longer has any service agreements @Jordan2 - unless you mean iPad.

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

The iPod no longer has any service agreements @Jordan2 - unless you mean iPad.

@lolakimono well then I wasted my money because I got a two year Apple Care plan which hasn't expired yet. I'm still going to Best Buy tomorrow, I wish I had an Apple Store near me but I don't.

Respected Contributor

iPad?

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

@Jordan2 @If you have Apple Care don't you need to go to the Apple Store and not Best Buy?

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

@Jordan2 @If you have Apple Care don't you need to go to the Apple Store and not Best Buy?

@Mindy D I bought the iPod at Best Buy. They have a Geek Squad, they try to repair it or they send it out.

Respected Contributor

I would call them first thing in the morning and ask about whether they handle Apple Care. If they do, I think you might still have to schedule an appointment.

Respected Contributor

The first thing you need to do is call Apple support and find out how to get it fixed with your Apple Care.  FYI, not every city has an Apple Store.  The closest ones to me are between 150-200 miles away.  But, that doesn't mean there aren't any authorized sellers or repair companies you can use. 

Honored Contributor

As a general rule with electronics, when it stops responding holding the power button pressed in for an extended period of time will often force a reboot. That extended period of time can be ten seconds, thirty seconds, a minute, or more. It's something to try while waiting for Best Buy to open.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!