Honored Contributor

Home Page on Computer or Ipad

I have Yahoo! right now and have always had it. I'm getting tired of the articles I see there, most of which are gossip, politics, or celebrity news. I realize they get their articles from various sources, but I'd rather see the Yahoo! that used to be.

What do you use as your home page? Are you happy with it?  TIA!   Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: Home Page on Computer or Ipad

@beach-mom  IPad here. I don’t have a home page. My bookmarked favorite icons come on and just click on those. One of them is All posts blogs and forums. That’s QVC and it takes me right here. If I want news I hit the icon I have for my news source. 

Valued Contributor

I don't have a homepage. I use a HP laptop and have used Chrome for many years. I have several shortcuts to the places I most likely go, followed by bookmarks for other frequent webpages. I use my smartphone and TV for news. The phone allows me to select who I do and do not want to read from. For instance if something is happening, I won't read a CNN article!

Honored Contributor

I use "Microsoft Edge" and I have noticed the "home page news" is correlated to my surfing habits on the net......    (Yes, "they" are watching you.)

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

You'll probably laugh, but I have QVC as my homepage on the Mac.  Have for years.  I do also have sites bookmarked, for instance the two news"paper" subscriptions I have.

Lately though I have been reading less "news".  I got really irritated one day at some of the bogus "chat" on an advice column that I actually read to gain insight, and I realized I was getting bombarded by news updates (by choice) so I cancelled all the newsletters and just glance at headlines and read what I choose.

Cogito ergo sum
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have no homepage, there's so many good websites I have them bookmarked so all I have to do is click on them. I don't understand why you need a homepage. 

Respected Contributor

@Bhvbum wrote:

I have no homepage, there's so many good websites I have them bookmarked so all I have to do is click on them. I don't understand why you need a homepage. 

It's a place to start.