Super Contributor

I'm sure I'm not using it correctly, I get almost nothing for free--cable owns some shows and even vintange shows charge a fee to watch.  Two questions--what am I doing wrong and will all shows be unlocked if I get Amazon Prime?  Thanks!

Trusted Contributor

Hi - I'm not sure if this answers your question, but I have one and really like it for streaming Hulu, Netflix and Prime, along with Showtime. I'm able to stream them because I subscribe to them. Prime includes video that you can stream but regular Amazon membership does not. So I think you can only stream what you subscribe to. Hope this helps!

Frequent Contributor

It is true that a lot of the shows you want to see have a fee attached to them.  If you get Amazon Prime, you will unlock a lot of shows and movies but not all.  I'm getting used to not having everything available as with cable service but I don't miss the cost.  If you download the abc app, you can watch a number of their shows without a fee; just realize everything will be shown at least a day after first aired on tv.  I do miss not seeing NFL games and news.

Check with your more tech savy friends and ask if they know how to "prisonbreak" your firestick so that you get more out of it.

Honored Contributor

The Firestick serves as a portal through which you can access sources of movies, news and entertainment.  If you subscribe to Prime, you get access to Amazon Video which consists if free movies, documentries, series, travelogues.  I'd guess that close to 100% of Firestick users subscribe to Netflix; I pay $7.95/mo to watch on one TV in the household at a time.  They have offerings like Amazon Video but a much larger selection, free with no ads.  They constantly change the movies offered.  It's a real bargain for the price.  You can usually try it for a free trial period.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

Thanks. So you are suggesting Netflix instead of Prime?  

Honored Contributor

Depends on what shows u want to watch 

try each of them out 

Honored Contributor

Depends on what shows u want to watch 

try each of them out 

im going to watch my way through britbox then switch to Acorn 

they all have something different and u pay by the month

Honored Contributor

@autumnnj

A quick Google search you will find all the "free" channels that the firestick offers.  Here is one website I found:  Copy/paste link--> hd-report.com/2018/03/25/what-channels-can-you-get-on-fire-tv-fire-tv-stick/

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

ou can watch alot of stuff on You tube through the firestick...