Esteemed Contributor

@Bridgegal wrote:

@DJs mom 

You could try it free for a month and see.   You don't have to cancel your cable to try a streaming service out.   Just a thought.

@Bridgegal , I streamed for six months side by side with cable before I decided to cut the cord.  The only issue is live sports.  That bothers DH, not me.  LM

Respected Contributor

@Lilysmom 

FYI,  I'm a sports addict.   I seldom can't see a game that I want to see.   I watch football, baseball, basketball, tennis, olympics.    I don't watch hockey so don't what coverage they have for that.   

Esteemed Contributor

@Bridgegal wrote:

@Lilysmom 

FYI,  I'm a sports addict.   I seldom can't see a game that I want to see.   I watch football, baseball, basketball, tennis, olympics.    I don't watch hockey so don't what coverage they have for that.   

DH is a hockey addict.  He p,as four times a week through winter and watches every day.  LM

Respected Contributor
We cut ours in January of 2018 and couldn't be happier. We were anticipating "The Letter" requiring a set-top box for each TV. In addition, we were still using the simple cable coming directly from the floor, which had been installed when we FIRST got cable (early '80s?), and which they couldn't wait to eliminate. We had 3 TVs and NO set-top boxes. After being informed about the boxes, the about-to-be-scrambled signal (due to our now-verboten hookup), we said bye-bye.

Of course, we'd had an indoor antenna (now we have 3) for a few years, which we'd occasionally "switch out" with the cable hookup, so we knew which channels we'd be getting. We were just waiting for the last straw. And we were NOT going to be the suckers paying ever-increasing rates, and playing their reindeer games of eliminating channels, promoting expensive "tiers," etc., to make up for their continued loss of subscribers.

Interestingly, we have a young shirttail cable-employee relative who once told us that it used to be a little inside joke that cord cutters would eventually return. He said that one worker commented that "they'll come crawling back." Well, we haven't crawled back (and don't intend to), but we get at least *three mailings per week" from THEM begging us to "come back" lol. Yeah, that's not happening. We're thrilled without them.

Plus, we go out a lot. 😏

What worries you masters you.