Honored Contributor

Re: CORDLESS PHONE RECOMMENDATION

@ValuSkr

The AT&T I mentioned in my other post, DOES have an answering machine. We use our Voicemail service and turned off the answering machine.

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

If you have a cell phone then you might want to look for a cordless home phone system that has bluetooth capability. That way you can link your different phones together via BT and with BT you can also use a BT hands-free headset or earbuds.

Search:  Link2Cell Bluetooth enabled phone

Honored Contributor

@jackthebear

Our voice mail is just as easy to access as the answering machine. I hit 1 button and it auto dials to our voice message calls. 1 step to use answering machine, 1 step for voice mail.

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Occasional Contributor

I do not have a landline any more I have a cell service thru Verizon but I do have a corded panasonic phone with 2 extensions phones.  I would love to get a new up to date phone .  Do you think I should stay with a corded with extensions or should I just go with cordless?  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CJ wrote:

I do not have a landline any more I have a cell service thru Verizon but I do have a corded panasonic phone with 2 extensions phones.  I would love to get a new up to date phone .  Do you think I should stay with a corded with extensions or should I just go with cordless?  

@CJ

You have to have an in wall land line to plug in either a corded or cordless phone. Many of the new cordless phones have features that keep your system working even with a power outage. Think they have a battery backup to keep the electrical parts of the phone system still working.

I still have an old Princess Phone that plugs into a telephone receptical, and have used that when we have lost our power. Might check the cordless ones to make sure they have that connection if power is lost.

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

I have the Panasonic set.  I bought the set at Costco.  It has 5 handsets.  

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

@CJ wrote:

@CJ

You have to have an in wall land line to plug in either a corded or cordless phone. Many of the new cordless phones have features that keep your system working even with a power outage. Think they have a battery backup to keep the electrical parts of the phone system still working.

I still have an old Princess Phone that plugs into a telephone receptical, and have used that when we have lost our power. Might check the cordless ones to make sure they have that connection if power is lost.

hckynut

@hckynut  I have the Panasonic set with bluetooth.  My cell phone is connected to these.  My landline is turned off right now and the phones are unplugged from the landline plug, but still plugged into electricity to keep the handsets charged.  I get cell calls on it when I'm home and the cell phone is connected by bluetooth.

A landline isn't required to operate this.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@VaBelle35

Thank you for the info. Not really into cell phones and don't use bluetooth for any of my electronics. I know it's been around for years, as has wifi connections. Guess I am one that still believe that hardwiring devices is the best, at least for me.

If our power goes out, I trust my wired phone connection much more than anything that requires a source for electricity. Since I still prefer having a landline, it makes me more sure I can call, and receive calls during some long electrical outages we've experienced in our area.

Always good to have several sources to reach others when you want, or need to do so.

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Trusted Contributor

Another vote for Panasonic...ours talks to us too...it’s at least 15 years old.  It does have an answering machine but we use voicemail.  

They still sell the ones that talk.  We were in AZ for Thanksgiving and our friends just got new Panasonic’s ...and it tells the caller just like our old one....DW

Honored Contributor

@hckynut my Verizon landline just died last week and I have to hire an electrician to fix the wiring inside the wall if I want to continue using it.  

I decided ygive it up and get internet phone service for my house since I need it for work.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN