Esteemed Contributor

@Toppers3 

@apple1964 wrote:

@Toppers3 wrote:

You're very welcome, @qvcaddition . Smiley Happy

Once you buy a Chromebook--If you have any questions about using it--just ask away here on the forum, and I'm sure that one of us here will be able to help answer your questions about it.

I will echo that... we are here for you if you have any questions.

@apple1964 wrote:

@Toppers3 wrote:

Once you buy a Chromebook--If you have any questions about using it--just ask away here on the forum, and I'm sure that one of us here will be able to help answer your questions about it.

Thank you everyone.  I just brought the HP and got 200 off.  Am very tired now because have been on it most of the day.  Getting the hang of it.  Couldn,t get my email from comcast to the Chrome.  Once I figured it out everything working.  I am book marking a lot of my sites so I can find them easier, but not sure this is a good idea.  It,s like my favorities on my desk top computer.  Having a little trouble not using a mouse.  It's just taking time to get use to a different way from my computer.  Much better each day learning.  I will definitly come here for answers.  THANK YOU EVERYONE AGAIN.

Honored Contributor

@qvcaddition wrote:

@Toppers3 

@apple1964 wrote:

@Toppers3 wrote:

@apple1964 wrote:

@Toppers3 wrote:

Thank you everyone.  I just brought the HP and got 200 off.  Am very tired now because have been on it most of the day.  Getting the hang of it.  Couldn,t get my email from comcast to the Chrome.  Once I figured it out everything working.  I am book marking a lot of my sites so I can find them easier, but not sure this is a good idea.  It,s like my favorities on my desk top computer.  Having a little trouble not using a mouse.  It's just taking time to get use to a different way from my computer.  Much better each day learning.  I will definitly come here for answers.  THANK YOU EVERYONE AGAIN.

@qvcaddition wrote:

@Toppers3 

@apple1964 wrote:

@Toppers3 wrote:

@apple1964 wrote:

@Toppers3 wrote:

@qvcaddition I have a wireless mouse I use with my Chromebook. I don't see why you can't use one if you feel more comfortable with it (I like it even though I have a touch screen).

Trusted Contributor

I was just going to say the same thing too, @Jordan2 .

I use a wireless mouse with my Chromebook.

I don't like using the track pad on any type of a laptop computer.

I prefer to use a wireless mouse, instead.

With the wireless mouse, you just plug the little dongle--the small little chip-like thing--that comes with the mouse into one of the USB ports (slots/openings) on the side of the Chromebook, and then you're good to go with the mouse. Smiley Happy

You want to make sure that the mouse is turned on too, if its on/off switch is turned off, and don't throw the dongle out, like my Mother-In-Law did...Smiley LOL

She didn't know that she needed it to get the mouse to work, so she ended up throwing the dongle away! Smiley Very Happy

She was saying to us over the phone, "Why isn't the mouse working," and my husband had to tell her that you needed the dongle to get the mouse to work. Heart

Esteemed Contributor

Each day I love my Chrome more and THANK you  on how to use my wireless mouse.  Will try your directions.

Esteemed Contributor

@qvcaddition wrote:

@Toppers3 

@apple1964 wrote:

@Toppers3 wrote:

@apple1964 wrote:

@Toppers3 wrote:

Esteemed Contributor

You can use a mouse with a CB I have a wireless mouse that I am using right now, There are a lot of connections on a CB and that is a good thing.

Esteemed Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

@qvcaddition -

I love my chromebook and feel it was designed just for me.

It never gets viruses, no annoying windows updates or security things to update.

It basically rules itself. It is even easy to set up by yourself which to me is totally amazing!

I can't imagine ever getting anything else.

People who need to do documents have said a chromebook isn't the best for these and writing reports. Since I don't use them, I don't know the details.

If you use your computer for what you said, I think you would love it.

Acer and Samsung has them for less than $200 at Walmart.

Just for your information... on a CB they have something called google docs which works very well for all documents I know cause I use it often. It is in the settings and it is a blue icon.

Respected Contributor

I have a question.  I have a macbook air and want to ditch it and get a CB.    Is there a way to text from the CB?    I have an iPhone and just can't type on it.   So I use my macbook for texting and they appear on my phone as well.

I assume I'll have to give this up with the CB and learn how to type / text on my phone?

Esteemed Contributor

The answer is yes. Please do a Google search "Sending a text message to a Chrome book with an IPhone".

Esteemed Contributor

Yes... I echo that!