Respected Contributor

The Apple Store near us is in a Mall.  We've gone there.  There are people waiting outside before it opens.  We go a little later and never have to wait. 

People do what people do.  I know that there are line-ups whenever Apple announces a new or upgraded product.  People want the first ones for whatever reason.

We are an Apple household.  We have an iMac, an iPhone and an iPad.  We like Apple products and have used them for years with great success.

Respected Contributor

My son is starting a new small business back here in NY and I am thrilled to get him back from Dallas. He needed to get an iPad as his Point of Sale register runs by one. The previous owner was taking his when the transaction was done last week. I went on Apple.com and told him to order an iPad Air 64 GB so it would handle all new updates in the future. The iPad Air is what was previously on the machine. We were able to get a refurbished one that comes with a one year warranty shipped to his business address. I walked him through setting it up on the phone-as he is 3 hours from us. I recently gave him my iPad Mini 2 so he could FaceTime with us so he was getting familiar with the Apple products. He set it up quickly and it worked perfectly with his register. I had him go into Settings and turn off iMessage and FaceTime. Turn on Location as it is needed for his register. I had him go to General and then About to get the software version. It was on the newest 10.2.1 so I was pleased it didn't need updating. His software for the register is Cloud based so that is good. Don't be afraid of getting any Apple product refurbished as they back it up with a 1 year warranty. Smiley Happy