Respected Contributor

I'm living under a mushroom, I just can't believe people line up for the Apple Store to open let alone stand outside waiting for their chance to walk in "THE STORE".   That is just plain crazy, imo.

I have a dumb phone (tracfone), I pay roughly $100 a year on a phone,  I am lucky I use all my minutes a year, usually I just buy another phone and transfer my minutes, get a new phone and I'm good for another year. 

I just don't understand and I'm not that old, there were older people standing outside the store, that's just insane. 

I was at Williams Sonoma and mentioned it to the gal that was waiting on me and she said "it's like that everyday!"  really?  There is no way I would wait outside a store waiting for my turn to get in.

Trusted Contributor

I could see people waiting that are having trouble with their phone and wanting to go to a store to get help.  I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 phone and I wish there was a Samsung store I could go to with some of my phone issues.  My carrier is Virgin Mobile and no store for them either so I have to try to figure out my phone myself.

Respected Contributor

@Just Bling same way at the store in our mall.  I shake my head each time I walk by and witness the crowd.  My thoughts are there are just some people that have to make that connection to a "name."   

Respected Contributor

I also love my Tracfone phone and the $100.00 to have it for a year service is awesome. As far as the rest of the Apple products-such as the iPads- I wouldn't have anything else. They are so reliable and Apple has the best service out there. If you call with a question they are so pleasant and helpful. They take all the time you need. 

I had ordered the RCA 12" tablet a while back on HSN and as much as it was very nice and the screen was good I returned it. Probably a great tablet for others but after using my iPads it just wasn't the same. The reason people are lined up is we all like to touch and use products we buy for what they cost. Also there are very few Apple stores within a distance of consumers. If I want to go to the nearest Apple Store it is 50 miles away. That is why I look at the size etc. at Wal-Mart and then order from Apple directly. I have never been disappointed with an Apple product or their service. You also can get help at the Genius Bar at Apple stores for a one on one to help you learn if you are new to them. They also will exchange or troubleshoot and fix the problem you are having at the stores if possible or they will give you a replacement on the spot if it is under warranty.  I am waiting for the new releases of the iPads as I have an iPad 4 large tablet and an iPad Mini 4 and want to upgrade the iPad 4 soon. If I ever got to the Apple Store I wouldn't have a problem waiting. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: Apple Store

[ Edited ]

A good portion of these people are there for help with their products. The store gives appointments to people to see a tech personally. They also,give classes for a number of people at a time.

If you need to purchase a product, you are given a personal salesperson at the door. If you need plugs,covers,etc. the person at the door will direct you to them. If you just want to browse, there are many products set up for that.

Most of the people in line are usually there for a specific reason, not to just willy nilly enter the store, as you are greeted by a person and depending on what you want, are assigned another person to assist you.

Honored Contributor

Every store has an occupancy limit which to go over is a fire code violation. If there is a line then it it's either becauase it's easier to have people line up outside for the classes than them wander around, or it's because the store is full. I've never taken a class at the store though. I have waited in line when it was really busy. Lines in front of stores aren't new. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

The line-up people all have service appointments at time of opening.

Funny to think it's just to get in the store. 

😂

Regular Contributor

I share your mushroom.  I also have a Tracphone and love it and would never have anything else, other than my landline which I refuse to give up.

I also love my Kindle and would probably never buy an Ipad.  I can do everything with my Kindle and their CS is fabulous.

Honored Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

😂

Sometimes it is, especially if it's release day of a new product. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

@jaxs mom wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

😂

Sometimes it is, especially if it's release day of a new product. 

That's true.

Historically Apple has only released

roughly 10 new products a yr., though.