Honored Contributor

Another really dumb question for you

Say there is a page of internet something or other that is vital for me to save.  That site goes down or is taken off for some reason or other.  If I had emailed that page to myself, would it still be there or would it disappear when the origin site goes down?

Respected Contributor

Re: Another really dumb question for you

That page is going to be a link, and if that page gets taken down, when you click on the link, you're going to just get an error.

The only way you can actually save what's on a page, is to take a screenshot of it so that you actually have a picture saved.

Respected Contributor

The email and the all the information would be there, but if you send the link to the site in your email to yourself, if you click on it, it won't go through.   If you do a screenshot, it would still appear in your email.

......You look like I need a drink.....
Honored Contributor

@depglass 

There is a site that I use often for school, printfriendly.com.  There is a Google Extension for it as well, if you use those.  You can turn any site into a PDF, and you can choose what size to have the pictures, or if you want to delete them.

I highly recommend it!

Honored Contributor

ITA take a screeshot or copy/paste it. You can also use the snipping tool.

Trusted Contributor

You can also save a web page as a file on your computer. Save as web page complete. You can open it any time in your browser, even without an internet connection. Keep in mind the page will only appear as it was the moment you saved it. Any changes that were made to the original page after the time you saved it won't be there.

Esteemed Contributor

@depglass   Not at all a dumb question.  Keep them coming.  I keep learning things too.