Contributor

Samsung Galaxy s20 vs iPhone 11?

Hi all :
I started out with an iPhone but have had a Samsung Galaxy for the last few years. Currently, I have the Galaxy s8+. I will soon be getting a new phone and debating between Samsung Galaxy s20 or iPhone 11 (or wait for 12?). I have looked up some reviews but curious if anyone here has any feedback. Display and photos are important to me but I don't have any particular requirements. Tempted by iPhone also because i am interested in Apple watch 😊, but not sure it makes sense to decide on that basis. Thanks!
Trusted Contributor

Re: Samsung Galaxy s20 vs iPhone 11?

@IluvEeyore Why not get it for the Apple Watch? LOL!! I basically did. I replied to someone else about iPhone benefits a few months back if you saw that thread, but my main reason for liking iPhones is communication with my family. Kids are married and we have one grandchild and two more on the way!!! Shared photo albums are super easy when you all have iPhone/iPads. Also, FaceTime. Especially during all this COVID stuff, our granddaughter wouldn't remember us without FaceTime. She'll soon be two and it's coming up on six months since I've seen her. Even longer since DH has.

Anyway, some of the pros are the watch, shared albums, and FaceTime. Do those help justify it? 😉

KJPA
Honored Contributor

I went with iPhones because I have a MacBook Air.  Everything you need is on both your phone and computer.  It especially makes sense with your photos.

If you have any type of Apple computer I would definitely recommend the iPhone.  I do have an iPhone 11 now and love it.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@IluvEeyore

I am an Android person and use a. tablet and a Note 10 plus phone. I have run Samsung phones for 7 years and tablets for 5 years. 

The S20 phones have an issue with the cameras.

I have my own problem. The storage on this phone is only 128GB, and Android 10 uses 47GB. This is not sufficient storage for a flagship device. 

My phone come with 256GB and has 213GB remaining. 

The S20 is not a true 5G phone. You have to move up to the S20 plus. 

I would not buy a 4G phone when Samsung and Apple have new products coming to market. 

Your wireless carrier should offer promotions in the future. 

If you plan on buying an Apple Watch, I would wait and consider an iPhone 12. You will find many leaks on YouTube. 

Enjoy your new devices. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@IluvEeyore wrote:
Hi all :
I started out with an iPhone but have had a Samsung Galaxy for the last few years. Currently, I have the Galaxy s8+. I will soon be getting a new phone and debating between Samsung Galaxy s20 or iPhone 11 (or wait for 12?). I have looked up some reviews but curious if anyone here has any feedback. Display and photos are important to me but I don't have any particular requirements. Tempted by iPhone also because i am interested in Apple watch ?, but not sure it makes sense to decide on that basis. Thanks!

@IluvEeyore

I did not answer your questions in my other post.

Samsung phones have had quality displays a long time. I was impressed with the Note 5, and this is why I buy them.

Apple will introduce the Oled display to the IPhone 12 line. 

The cameras in the new IPhone 12 Pro Max will be better than Samsung Note 20 plus. 

You should be able to find more information about the next iPhone.  The Note 20 plus will be less expensive. 

Contributor

Thank you everyone! I think I will wait for the iPhone 12 so I can compare at that time