Occasional Contributor

why does my order say shipped but its sitting in a warehouse for 4 days?!

Ive been having this problem with QVC often.  I get an email saying my order has shipped, but 4 days later tracking STILL says UPS was notified of the order.  Its still sitting in a warehouse waiting??  This happens more and more often to me.  Its SO frustrating!!  Worse yet when I call customer service to ask, they tell me "you have to wait 14 days before we do anything" like their inferring I wont get my order at all and that its LOST?  Why do they send an email alerting customers of shipping if nothing has shipped???? 

Honored Contributor

Re: why does my order say shipped but its sitting in a warehouse for 4 days?!

My experience has been that no matter what the tracking tells me, I will get my order 2 or 3 days prior to the EDD, once in a while before that, but not very often.

I'm on the east coast - sometimes in Florida and sometimes in New York, but the timing seems to be the same.  Also, for me, it doesn't seem to matter whether the packages come UPS or USPS -  they're pretty much all the same timimg.

Obviously, this is not official - it's just how it has been working for me.

Honored Contributor

With my orders I have found when it says it shipped it most likely has shipped but the tracking is not updated. Sometimes I receive my package before the tracking shows it was delivered. I have pretty much received my packages on or before the EDD. I wonder if some of this has to do with the item being shipped by the original seller instead of by Q.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

It is QVC's way of getting your money before you get your item.Happens to me all the time,  Smiley Sad

(You are billed when the item ships)

Regular Contributor

This has just begun happening to me. For me, UPS is much faster than USPS. Either way, I am not a fan of the new shipping system. I have stopped purchasing as much from QVC because I feel like it's a chore to check on packages now.

Honored Contributor

@MalteseMomma wrote:

It is QVC's way of getting your money before you get your item.Happens to me all the time,  Smiley Sad

(You are billed when the item ships)

I thought we were billed once you click on the submit order button. LOL!!! No matter it's paid for before it ships.

Being able to actually see the tracking would help with people that get their packages stolen. If I know when something is going to be delivered I can be home to receive it instead of it sitting on the porch all day for someone to steal.

Occasional Contributor

I wish it worked that way for me.  My EDD is the 25th next monday....and its still saying its waiting for UPS to pick it up

Occasional Contributor

Yes I agree as the $ came out of my checking account 4 days ago Smiley Sad

Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]

I should just stop checking....but when they send you that shipping email with the tracking number of course after 24 hours you want to check to see where it is.  Ive had no update on tracking from both UPS and usps lately.  The thing that really gets me with this order is that the shipping was $9 instead of the usual $3 that theyve been charging.  I guess in my crazy head I thought the shipping would be faster.  NOT

QVC Customer Care

@Ansa82 wrote:

Ive been having this problem with QVC often.  I get an email saying my order has shipped, but 4 days later tracking STILL says UPS was notified of the order.  Its still sitting in a warehouse waiting??  This happens more and more often to me.  Its SO frustrating!!  Worse yet when I call customer service to ask, they tell me "you have to wait 14 days before we do anything" like their inferring I wont get my order at all and that its LOST?  Why do they send an email alerting customers of shipping if nothing has shipped???? 

Hi @Ansa82 I apologize that the shipping on this order has caused you concern. Please email us at QVCSocialTeam@qvc.com with the order information and we can follow up on this order. Thank you.

~Kim