Contributor

opening new credit account = $32.00 credit

Seems unfair - what about the customers who have been with QVC for a long time. $32.00 credit could get you (almost) a new top. Guess we aren't appreciated.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Re: opening new credit account = $32.00 credit

Didn't they start at Five Bucks?  That's quite a jump - it shows we are too smart to bite the bait.  (not the success they thought)

Honored Contributor

ITA. That's a Big Duh!!! I have had DISH for 21 yrs & that's what I keep telling them. They don't listen so I maybe they will listen when my monthly bill gets cut in half when I change my program packages. LOL!!!

Companies need to reward the customers they have had for years since that's whose keeping them in business.

Last trip to Sam's they gave us $45 off if we would take their Sam's MC so we did it. Don't need the MC but guess we can use it when we go to Sam's.

Frequent Contributor

It certainly does seem very unfair.   I've been with QVC since 1993,  and have never received a thank you or acknowlegment of being a loyal customer.  I pay my bill in full every month and am never late with a payment.  One would think I'd get some sort of thank you.

Trusted Contributor

It’s a marketing promotion to gain new credit card users, on which banks make a lot of money on interest.   It’s not a loyalty issue, it’s a business issue.  Other companies do it all the time, like offering an additional discount to have their credit card, or gaining loyalty points on credit card points.

Most people that open the new account will end up paying way more than $32 in interest over time.  That’s why they can offer it. 

Valued Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

ITA. That's a Big Duh!!! I have had DISH for 21 yrs & that's what I keep telling them. They don't listen so I maybe they will listen when my monthly bill gets cut in half when I change my program packages. LOL!!!

Companies need to reward the customers they have had for years since that's whose keeping them in business.

Last trip to Sam's they gave us $45 off if we would take their Sam's MC so we did it. Don't need the MC but guess we can use it when we go to Sam's.

Watch out for Sam's.  I was shocked recently when they sent me an email saying they were going to automatically renew my membership with the debit card I use for purchases there & they bumped me up to the Plus Membership which is $100!  I called & they took me off the auto renewal which I had never agreed to & I am not a Plus member.  I'll just pay the $45 renewal fee next time I go.

Trusted Contributor

Has anyone stopped to think what a $32.00 credit to every QVC customer would do to the bottom line of the company? Talk about prices and s&h going up! 

Trusted Contributor

@Kathyh110

I notice you are a new poster to the forum with only 17 posts. Does that mean you are new to the Q also? Did you receive the 32 dollar credit?

Anyway, it is the new business model as another poster mentioned. Look at the cable TV companies. Same thing. Very low rate for newbies and higher rate for the longtime customers. The longtime customers are subsidizing the newbies? Same with the auto insurance companies. Raise the rates on the loyal customers and offer the new ones lower rates. Howard Clark, the self appointed financial guru, has warned everyone about the auto insurance companies and what they do to long time customers. So, if loyalty is not rewarded, one should learn from it. Mr. Clark recommends changing auto insurance companies every few years. I will go one step beyond. Examine everyone with whom you do business and change vendors as necessary. Call it the 'consumer business model.'

Respected Contributor

I agree with OP. 

(Plus it is funny how the "credit" changes from one week to the next, $5 and up, depending on the promotion that week.  I'd be annoyed if I signed up for a $5 credit and it went up the following week.)  

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Contributor

No I am not new - just somewhat new to the forums. I don't get the credit. I just think of my car and home insurance - they actually give me a loyalty credit! I believe we should be rewarded for loyalty regardless.