Honored Contributor

Where is halfpints thread on community chat, we are checking on her.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
QVC Customer Care

We have removed the threads. Please start a new one if you are checking up on her. 

Beth QVC

Respected Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

Where is halfpints thread on community chat, we are checking on her.

She gave an update on the Widow's thread.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Valued Contributor

Wow, just wow.  I’ve been following this today and I am touched how much caring and compassion have gone into the thoughtful comments for halfpint.  Knowing that she is a virtual stranger and has gotten such concern from you all truly touches my heart.  I am sure she feel better knowing that she is so cared for.  There is so much good in this world and you all are the best example.  ❤️

Esteemed Contributor

I am here. Got meds which made me calm but Noise woke me--sounds a washing machine got off kilter and wont stop. Don't know what to do. Son no use-doesn't believe me at all. Any ideas right now?

Honored Contributor

@halfpint1  Years ago when I worked as a customer service rep for a health insurance company, I used to get calls from a lady who suffered terribly by hearing noises that were loud that no one could hear but her.

She was a retired college professor.  She told me that her doctor diagnosed her with a condition called Tinnitus.  She said that the noise drove her crazy and caused her anxiety.  She was prescribed meds, but they weren't helpful in stopping the noise.

You can read about this disorder.  It seems to be pretty common, but it is horrible for people who can't get any relief from the noise.

Please be sure to take your prescribed meds and try to tell yourself that you are not crazy and that the noise is annoying, but not dangerous.  The noise is nothing to be afraid of.  I feel really bad for you and hope you get some quiet time so that you can relax and sleep.

Honored Contributor

@halfpint1 wrote:

I am here. Got meds which made me calm but Noise woke me--sounds a washing machine got off kilter and wont stop. Don't know what to do. Son no use-doesn't believe me at all. Any ideas right now?

@halfpint1.  Those type of pills your Doctor prescribed for you will take awhile to work. You won’t see or not hear results overnight by just taking one or two pills. Give them a chance.

Respected Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

@halfpint1  Years ago when I worked as a customer service rep for a health insurance company, I used to get calls from a lady who suffered terribly by hearing noises that were loud that no one could hear but her.

She was a retired college professor.  She told me that her doctor diagnosed her with a condition called Tinnitus.  She said that the noise drove her crazy and caused her anxiety.  She was prescribed meds, but they weren't helpful in stopping the noise.

You can read about this disorder.  It seems to be pretty common, but it is horrible for people who can't get any relief from the noise.

Please be sure to take your prescribed meds and try to tell yourself that you are not crazy and that the noise is annoying, but not dangerous.  The noise is nothing to be afraid of.  I feel really bad for you and hope you get some quiet time so that you can relax and sleep.

@halfpint1  Yes, I agree with @Carmie.  I feel you definitely have Tinnitus issue.  Have you been evaluated by an audiologist?  An audiologist will evaluate your particular condition. They will be aware if there are  treatments available which may help lessen the noise you are hearing in your ears.  They will have knowledge your general physician may not.