Respected Contributor

Order at post office since 11/28.

Order at PO since 11/28. PO is impossible to contact

No one answers phone. In person they say person whose job it is to search for missing packages is out.

Please advise.

Thank you 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Order at post office since 11/28.

You need to talk directly the supervisor of your branch postal station.

Is your package sitting there, unsorted & undelivered?

Or was it misdelivered by them to a wrong address?

Then complain up the chain of command. They should know how sloppily this branch is being run.

Respected Contributor

Easier said than done. Have complained to Federal Postmaster and nothing.

Super Contributor

Just so you know....you aren't alone. I've had the same problem. No one answers the phone at our post office branch, and no emails are ever answered.

Esteemed Contributor

A couple of years ago they replaced the P.O. supervisor and I got a new letter carrier. Both make sure packages move out of the P.O. and to their recipients quickly. 

But before that happened I was in your shoes @IMW.  

The former supervisor didn't see to it someone sorted incoming packages on the same day, every day.

The letter carrier I had didn't want to deliver anything but 1st class envelopes, so they left magazines and packages for the sub to deliver on their day off.

But the subs knew they were being dumped on, and refused to deliver something the full time carrier should've delivered days ago.

Meanwhile, my stuff just sat there.

I've talked to my current (conscientious) carrier about this and he admitted knowing that kind of thing goes on.

Esteemed Contributor

@IMW wrote:

Easier said than done. Have complained to Federal Postmaster and nothing.

Complaining to Federal Postmaster is the long way around, and then you'll be told delivery isn't considered "delayed" until the package sits there 14 days...which it hasn't.

But if you know it's in that building, and all you need is an employee to be told to find it and deliver it, then that starts with a chat with the person who can assign that task, your branch supervisor.

Good luck.

https://www.usps.com/help/contact-us.htm

Regular Contributor

It would appear that quality of service varies from post office to post office. Our regular wonderful letter carrier(I may have written about this before) had major surgery this spring/summer. Subs were sent to other parts of his route and we got whatever the cat dragged in......missing mail - other people's mail. New postmaster told us to move our mailbox (gee, we have only lived here since 1999)  -we have side facing garage and mailbox is located at street side of garage, front of house is our address. All our previous carriers managed to figure this out. Thank goodness he is back, but noticed a  few weeks ago, mail and delivery a little wonky again.......yes he was in the hospital again. Now he is back, but it seems to be UPS' turn. Two days in a row they delivered/tried to deliver our neighbor's package to us...... first one I carried over, second day my DH caught them and told them......... sorry we are not young anymore and really feel that part of the problem is that people do not take some jobs as seriously as they did back in the day..........always exceptions of course

Hang in there folks!!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@IMW wrote:

Order at PO since 11/28. PO is impossible to contact

No one answers phone. In person they say person whose job it is to search for missing packages is out.

Please advise.

Thank you 

@IMW - I know this is an annoying answer, but I'd wait another day or two and hopefully you'll get your package. Apparently there was some kind of USPS system glitch last Monday or Tuesday that affected tracking, and there's been a lot of scrambling to try to catch up, especially since this is the busy season.

My post office and carriers are fantastic, but I ended up with two packages coming via USPS last week that arrived at our hub (one stop before/five miles away from the local office) on the 27th and just got "stuck" there. I received the Priority Mail box (that was supposed to be delivered on the 29th) today, and when I checked my Informed Delivery page this morning, the tracking details were finally updated and it appears that the other box should be delivered tomorrow (I should have received it on Saturday).

Hang in there, and good luck!  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Most post offuce transactions, including redeliveries, cannow be conducted online through the USPS website

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@x Hedge wrote:

@IMW wrote:

Easier said than done. Have complained to Federal Postmaster and nothing.Phone lines are constantly busy- off the hook.  

Complaining to Federal Postmaster is the long way around, and then you'll be told delivery isn't considered "delayed" until the package sits there 14 days...which it hasn't.

But if you know it's in that building, and all you need is an employee to be told to find it and deliver it, then that starts with a chat with the person who can assign that task, your branch supervisor.

Good luck.

https://www.usps.com/help/contact-use