Esteemed Contributor
Accepted Solution

What is wrong with old?

[ Edited ]

Lori Griener was presenting reading glasses and made the statement.  You don,t want to look old, or OLD SCHOOL, these are cute and young,  My mind is young and I'm, in good shape and aging gracefully, (81).  Is it a sin today to get old,?   No respect.  Tell your vendors to watch their words.  

Getting older is better than the alternative that the younger are reaching quicker today unfortunately.

I,m getting tired of no respect for older folks.

Respected Contributor

There are 2 choices die young or grow old. I know which one I choose. 

Honored Contributor

I'm surprised at your age you are still super sensitive about it.

I'm only 64 and got over it years ago.    Yes, we are stereotyped but I like being under estimated.

Vote with your dollars and don't buy from her.

Respected Contributor

I hate to hear that, too.  

Esteemed Contributor

@software

@software wrote:

I'm surprised at your age you are still super sensitive about it.

I'm only 64 and got over it years ago.    Yes, we are stereotyped but I like being under estimated.

Vote with your dollars and don't buy from her.

Not sensitive, I,m a tough old bird, just getting tired of disrespect.  I respect myself and people young or mature. Want the same consideration for everyone.  

I don,t buy from her or the Q much, but was on the Treadmill doi ng my FIVE MILES and watching.  Now I will get on the bike for another Five miles and off to the gym for weight training class.  NO JOKE. 

Honored Contributor

The worst part is, IMO those reading glasses she was presenting look very old fashioned or old school or whatever she wants to call them.

I have to wear reading glasses and I wouldn't buy those and wouldn't wear them if she gave them to me for free. 

Honored Contributor

Oh definitely it is age discrimination.  Today being OLD or looking OLD is so against society's values of worth.  It is all bull, but, the public falls for it hook line and sinker. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: What is wrong with old?

[ Edited ]

I'm 76 yrs young -- and very youthful. I never watch Lori pitch her products because I know I wouldn't be interested in any of them. She's the face of products --- and it's her job to sell, sell, sell.

About reading glasses!!!! I would NEVER buy reading glasses off a rack. I know it magnifies, but I would go to an optometrist and get ground lenses. Even non-prescription lenses should be "ground". Plus - most people need a prescription - not cheap plastic lenses - which are bad for ur eyes. I've been wearing glasses since I was 6 years old --- and reading glasses (over my contacts) for 33 years.

I just watched Lori's presentation on-line --- and she should NOT be advising people which reading power they need. I'm surprised she's allowed to do that. To me, it's against the law - especially pitching it on tv. It's like someone wearing the wrong eye glass prescription. One size DOES NOT fit all. Crazy!!!

When she says "u don't want to look old" - that's a sales technique. America is about youth!!!!!

Honored Contributor

@qvcaddition,   Good for you.  Everyone ages if they are lucky.  Enjoy the journey, I say.  

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

"Old" is experience and wisdom and I realized that as a young child.

I think the speaker was referring to being "fresh and updated".