Contributor

Shipping and Handling charges/ check your bill

I'm bringing the attention to all who have a QVC bill. Recently I was curious as to why I wasn't getting my money back from returns as I should be. In looking at my bill and doing some simple math, I have learned that the returns charges are about $10 per item, sometimes more. I called customer service on this and was told that the return labels are not the s/h return charge, that $6.95 or $8.95 is just for the use of that label !! The shipping return charge is added to that amount!!! Seriously??!!!  That's price gauwging!!! ?(spelling?) And decieving!

I caught this with a recent return of 2 Isaac jacket and a pant that came to me in the same box. None of them worked for me. So I put them back in the same box, put their return label on it of $8.95. A few days later, I checked on line to see if they were returned, added up the return charges and it was a whopping $20.90  !!!!!!! That is SO wrong.!!!

They will be getting another call from me on this and I just might not order from Q again. What a scam!! 

Respected Contributor

Re: Shipping and Handling charges/ check your bill

[ Edited ]

Yes, most people know this because the policy has been in effect several years. Now you know, too. Yes, it costs a lot to return things now.

Trusted Contributor

I never use their return label for that reason.   I return by USPS and get a receipt.  I also ask for a QVC credit so that I get my refund quickly and do not have to be on watch for months to get it.  I don't buy much any more but know I will during the month.  My refund should be my first payment minus the original shipping.  Easy math for them and a quicker refund for me.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thank you for posting this.  I, for one, did not know!!!!   I usually pay for my own postage at the post office because I know that they have been ripping everyone off with their postage fees!  Now that I know that there is an additional charge on top of the price on the label, I'm outraged by the deceptive practices that are going on here!!!!

Trusted Contributor

I was under the impression that they no longer refund the "orginal" shipping when you return something!

Esteemed Contributor

THere is no "shipping/return charge".  posters have been mis-labeling this for years and confusing others.  WHen younreturn a item using their label the cost of the label ($6.95 or sometimes $8.95) is deducted from the credit you receive.  IN addition the original outgoing shipping is NOT refunded.  So if a item cost 29.95 with shipping and handling and the original outgoing shipping was $3.00 if you return it using the Q label and the return label is $6.95 you will have $9.95 deducted from your return and receive a credit of $20.00.  THis is not new.  this policy of not refunding the original outgoing shipping has been in place for at least a couple of years now.

Esteemed Contributor

Talk about Chinese math!     Smoke and mirrors and confusion - I know this topic always makes me restudy Q's policy.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I was on the phone wiht CS for a good long time last night about this- I only use Q's return label when the fee will be waived. Their label is $$$ - plus incredibly slow delivery. I noticed one time my bill actually detailed the charge. But other times they just deducted the shipping charge off my credit. Very sneaky!! I got all credits fixed from June & on - I'm going to look back further as well. Managing this bill is a full time job, it will definitely impact my purchases. 

Honored Contributor

Unless the item you're returning is very small like a piece of jewelry, I've found its usually cheaper to use the QVC label than pay at the post office.  Postage rates are outrageous and will be increasing. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Unless the item you're returning is very small like a piece of jewelry, I've found its usually cheaper to use the QVC label than pay at the post office.  Postage rates are outrageous and will be increasing. 

I agree.