Respected Contributor

Question for Mod: 2 free ship items now backordered?

I ordered 2 items that had free shipping this weekend. Both now have the "backorder" status. The Q web page for item #A308483 shows it's in stock yet now, and item #343819 was in stock when I ordered it. Having the backorder status for both doesn't seem like a coincidence. Can someone please give me more info on this? Thanks.

QVC Customer Care

Re: Question for Mod: 2 free ship items now backordered?

[ Edited ]

@Desert Lily  I'm so sorry, but you are correct,the item was backordered.  When we attempted to pull the item for shipment, it was unavailable and therefore backordered. I will send a request to update the website and we will try to provide you with the item within one to three weeks. 

Respected Contributor

Thanks, Wayne. I ordered 2 different items, and #A308483 shows in stock, while the other one was in stock when I ordered but not now. Are you saying both items are both really backordered? Seems like a very rare coincidence?

Esteemed Contributor

@Desert Lily - On a good day, the way the Q interfaces with its vendors for inventory updating and fulfillment can be sketchy; on a free shipping day where orders may triple, quadruple, or grow even more exponentially, problems always arise. Until there are major changes to supply chain operations (which actually happened a couple of years ago and seems to be the reason for many of the current issues), there will continue to be difficulties in ordering, especially with vendors who may be less responsive or less attentive with their records and their processing.

I am in the same boat as you with a couple of items that were available when I placed my orders but went into "backorder" status within 24 hours, despite the fact that they appear to be in stock on the website now. In my experience, backordered items typically do get fulfilled and may even go from "backordered" to "shipped" without any "in process" step along the way. Fingers crossed that we get what we want in a timely fashion!  Smiley Happy

QVC Customer Care

@Desert Lily  Is see you modified the orders and they are both currently in the process of being shipped. 

Occasional Contributor

I also placed orders for two items on 2/16 and both of them have gone to backorder. This really seems odd that this is happening to multiple people. 

Esteemed Contributor

An update, in case anyone is interested: One of my items has now moved from "backorder" to "in process." Hooray!

Respected Contributor

I later placed a separate order (paying for shipping) for 1 of the 2 free shipping items that were on backorder, and it was available and not backordered. Next, I edited/changed the size on the 2nd free shipping item on backorder, and both backordered items then went to "in process." I'm just hoping & looking forward to receiving the 2 items.

Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

I placed an order for 2 of Monday’s TSV Earth wedges on Sunday night before they aired at midnight. Today, my order for both pairs of sandals are on backorder. So if my order for 2 pairs of the sandals the day before they sold 10s of thousands of pairs are on backorder, I can only imagine the amount of disgruntled individuals. The website has never said that the sizes or colors I ordered were sold out or even on waitlist.