Regular Contributor
Hi, I have a question on the pricing policy. A purse I was looking to buy was at a sale price for the last week or two at $59. I logged in today to purchase and it's up to $73. When I contacted customer service they said unable to match prior sale price. I thought they did if within 30 days. Does anyone know if this was the case before, and if so, when it changed? I love how all the prices go up on free shipping day!
Honored Contributor

Re: Price Policy Question

[ Edited ]

If you had bought it less than 30 days ago at a higher price then you see it now for a lower one,  you would be able to get a credit for the difference, but if you didnt buy it at a higher price you have no claim to make. You have to buy it first before you get a credit. 

Regular Contributor

Re: Price Policy Question

[ Edited ]

Ok thank you for the clarification. I thought cs could go back and match a prior sale price if within 30 days. Apparently I was mistaken. Thanks again. 

Honored Contributor

@stb13.  Yes, the policy suddenly changed about 2 weeks ago.  Almost nothing will now be eligible for price adjustments., which have always been for merchandise you already purchased and has shipped.

The new policy should be listed on the website.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I just got a price adjustment from HSN, made me very happy. 

Regular Contributor
That's great, every little bit helps for sure!
Trusted Contributor

I think we are giving it uwarranted credit by calling it a "policy."  Lately they seem to be making it up as they go along, to avoid returning money to the customers.  It used to be clear and they were very good about issuing refunds when it was brought to their attention.  I guess somebody upstairs didn't like this.

Esteemed Contributor

@Bookplate wrote:

I think we are giving it uwarranted credit by calling it a "policy."  Lately they seem to be making it up as they go along, to avoid returning money to the customers.  It used to be clear and they were very good about issuing refunds when it was brought to their attention.  I guess somebody upstairs didn't like this.

Totally agree.

Respected Contributor

Two very unrelated scenarios.

Not granting a price seen last week is no different than a grocery store not honoring prices in last week's ad.

Esteemed Contributor

@Etoile308 wrote:

Two very unrelated scenarios.

Not granting a price seen last week is no different than a grocery store not honoring prices in last week's ad.

Yes, that's what the OP was initially unclear on.  She now understands it only applies to items that's already been purchased.🌸