Valued Contributor

Paying by check? Checks lost?

[ Edited ]

Was wondering if someone from Customer Care can help.  I normally order by credit, but sometimes order by check.  I ordered a little over 2 weeks ago 2 clothing items via check.  and mailed them in on August 31st.  After not seeing any in process, I contacted customer service a few days ago and then again last nite.  It seems they don't know where my checks went.  Not sure how the first customer rep told me they probably got lost.  My queston on whose end?  Q or the U.S. postal service?  The person I spoke on the phone with last night was very nice but she seemed to think they are lost as well since something should have appeared in process by now.  I live not that far from Q so mail would never take that long and I mailed it from my office which is even closer.  I checked with the bank and nothing has been cashed and no status on their end.  Now one of the items I've ordered has automatically been cancelled and the other one will probably be cancelled too,  Found out from bank that to cancel those 2 checks I'd be charged a $25 fee per check.  Yikes!  Was wondering if my checks could possibly be held up somewhere at Q?  Any help would be appreciated! Smiley Happy

Highlighted
QVC Customer Care

Re: Paying by check? Checks lost?

[ Edited ]

@Lattelvr wrote:

Was wondering if someone from Customer Care can help.  I normally order by credit, but sometimes order by check.  I ordered a little over 2 weeks ago 2 clothing items via check.  and mailed them in on August 31st.  After not seeing any in process, I contacted customer service a few days ago and then again last nite.  It seems they don't know where my checks went.  Not sure how the first customer rep told me they probably got lost.  My queston on whose end?  Q or the U.S. postal service?  The person I spoke on the phone with last night was very nice but she seemed to think they are lost as well since something should have appeared in process by now.  I live not that far from Q so mail would never take that long and I mailed it from my office which is even closer.  I checked with the bank and nothing has been cashed and no status on their end.  Now one of the items I've ordered has automatically been cancelled and the other one will probably be cancelled too,  Found out from bank that to cancel those 2 checks I'd be charged a $25 fee per check.  Yikes!  Was wondering if my checks could possibly be held up somewhere at Q?  Any help would be appreciated! Smiley Happy

Hi @Lattelvr

Unfortunately we would have no way of knowing for sure where along the way your check may have taken a detour, but if it had been received at QVC then your order would have been processed. Please email us the order info if you would like us to reinstate the orders and apply your credit card so that the items can be shipped to you.  Our email address is QVCSocialTeam@qvc.com.

Barb

Customer Care

Valued Contributor

Thanks Barbara for getting back to me so quickly.  I guess I will wait a few more days hoping they will be found.  If I decide to reorder I will be in touch.  

Honored Contributor

I once had a check for property taxes get lost, resulting in an $80.00 late fee.  I started using registered mail.  Giant pain.  Ask your post office how you can be guaranteed your recipient got the check.  I'm sure they've changed procedures by now.  It is much easier just to use a credit or debit card.