Honored Contributor

MODS: DELETE OLD FORUM THREADS

I spent time this morning replying to an OP from 2011. We should not have to go all the way back to check the OP date. 

Can there be an addition to rules/regulations that after a year or 2 years, threads will be deleted?

Thanks, Mods.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: MODS: DELETE OLD FORUM THREADS

@ShanusThumbs upAdd my voice to this request that threads be deleted after 12 months from the original post date. 

QVC Customer Care

Hi @Shanus and @Trix it is against standards to bump up old threads and when we see them me either lock them or delete them. We don't always see them so if you see them send them to abuse and we will take care of them.

Esteemed Contributor

@Alice-QVC  Thank you for the response.  I will be more than happy to report if I see an old thread resurrected and bumped up.  

Honored Contributor

I think old threads are sometimes helpful to read but do think they should be locked after a certain amount of time.  I don't know how this could be accomplished though.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@Alice-QVC wrote:

Hi @Shanus and @Trix it is against standards to bump up old threads and when we see them me either lock them or delete them. We don't always see them so if you see them send them to abuse and we will take care of them.

@Alice-QVC  Thank you for clarifying. I was not aware we could report them. By sending them to abuse, do you mean just click on the lower left of old post & notify mods that’s old & abuse?

Honored Contributor

I do NOT wish to see the threads deleted.  There are many times I have been looking for a previously posted recipe, tip or info contained in a thread that I would not be able to find should they be deleted after 1 year. 

Old threads are not hurting anything (unless they are against standards or host bashing) so why do they need to have a time limit?

I have seen recipes come forward that I never saw before....what is the harm?  Do they take up too much 'space' or memory?

Honored Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

I do NOT wish to see the threads deleted.  There are many times I have been looking for a previously posted recipe, tip or info contained in a thread that I would not be able to find should they be deleted after 1 year. 

Old threads are not hurting anything (unless they are against standards or host bashing) so why do they need to have a time limit?

I have seen recipes come forward that I never saw before....what is the harm?  Do they take up too much 'space' or memory?

I agree with you @RespectLife. In addition, when I post something I will often try to see if someone has discussed this before. Sometimes, many times in the beauty forum, this has been posted in the past. If I have a comment I usually add this to the OP's post. Maybe I should just ignore the older posts? Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

It is annoying to discover old posts being resurrected.

Honored Contributor

@beach-mom wrote:

@RespectLife wrote:

I agree with you @RespectLife. In addition, when I post something I will often try to see if someone has discussed this before. Sometimes, many times in the beauty forum, this has been posted in the past. If I have a comment I usually add this to the OP's post. Maybe I should just ignore the older posts? Smiley Wink

@beach-mom @RespectLife Maybe mods have a time frame in mind. I doubt if a year is long enough to delete.