Honored Contributor

Re: MODS: DELETE OLD FORUM THREADS

@Trix wrote:

@beach-mom wrote:

@RespectLife wrote:

I do NOT wish to see the threads deleted.  There are many times I have been looking for a previously posted recipe, tip or info contained in a thread that I would not be able to find should they be deleted after 1 year. 

Old threads are not hurting anything (unless they are against standards or host bashing) so why do they need to have a time limit?

I have seen recipes come forward that I never saw before....what is the harm?  Do they take up too much 'space' or memory?

I agree with you @RespectLife. In addition, when I post something I will often try to see if someone has discussed this before. Sometimes, many times in the beauty forum, this has been posted in the past. If I have a comment I usually add this to the OP's post. Maybe I should just ignore the older posts? Smiley Wink

@beach-mom I think it is better to start a new conversation. Please pay no mind to any poster who chooses to chime in "this has been discussed before."  The forums are an ever evolving group of posters/readers, and just like you the conversation started in a new thread may be new to several more people. 

I respect the opinions stated regarding retaining threads indefinitely, but my opinion still stands that there needs to be a definite time period from the original post date when a thread is deleted from the forum servers. 

@Trix  Most importantly, in 5-8 yrs., product reviews change, opinions are different, items discussed are now discontinued and subjects are no longer relevant.