QVC Customer Care

Re: MODS: DELETE OLD FORUM THREADS

Yes @Shanus just be sure they are older posts, it is not in stone what the date should be but if the last post is a year old we will take a look at it.

Honored Contributor

@Alice-QVC wrote:

Yes @Shanus just be sure they are older posts, it is not in stone what the date should be but if the last post is a year old we will take a look at it.

@Alice-QVC  I appreciate your help.

Honored Contributor

Surveys were sent out before this new forum was implemented and old threads were chosen to stay.

Respected Contributor

I don’t favor deleting old posts. There are several instances where I might refer to an old post but I never bump them up. For example, a Recipe or checking out an old Travel post for tips to a place that I’ve finally gotten around to visiting. 

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

Surveys were sent out before this new forum was implemented and old threads were chosen to stay.

@proudlyfromNJ  I don’t think I was here then.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@Shanus.  I believe they were sent out randomly and not to everyone.

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@Shanus.  I believe they were sent out randomly and not to everyone.

@proudlyfromNJ  @Shanus  I never get e-mails from QVC, and I had a chance to answer that survey.  I thought it was on the front page of QVC's website.  There was a link to the survey from there. I may be wrong, but I do remember answering the survey.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

I am forever alerting the mods to bumped up threads, I feel like a tattle tail but there are most annoying

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I posted this in an August 18 thread in "Q Talk," so I'll add it here, since the same questions have arisen.   

In June 2014 the "QVC Community Team" posted several threads asking for general comments about proposed changes to the forums. 

After that, on 7/3/14, they consolidated the basically free-text comments into this thread with a link to a more formal survey:

"Forum Improvements Suggestions Survey"

"Hi QVC Community!

Thanks to everyone who took the time to share with us their list of the top five changes the QVC forums needs in order to improve the overall experience.  We received a total of 101 detailed responses to the question.  We reviewed all of the suggestions that were submitted and are bringing them back for a vote to see how important these top concerns are to the larger community. We usually receive thousands of votes for our Community polls so we are hopeful this week’s multiple choice survey featuring the most mentioned topics will get more participation.

We were able to organize your suggestions into 4 main topics: moderation concerns, website problems and enhancements, forum discussion/category organization, and engagement from QVC employees and QVC vendors. The website problems and enhancements are being reviewed by our website engineers, more updates to follow in the future.  Today we need to get a better understanding of how important are the changes you requested for the following topics:

Moderation Concerns

Forum Thread / Forum Category Maintenance

QVC Engagement in the Forums

Please take a few minutes to visit the survey page located here to help us take the appropriate next steps."

Forum Improvements Survey

link to their 7/3/14 thread:

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Blogs/Community-Vote-Forum-Improvements-Suggestions-Survey/ba-p/1855066...

link to the actual survey:

https://qvcsocial.polldaddy.com/s/qvc-fourm-suggestions-survey

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

These are the actual survey results (thread dated 08-03-2014):

"Community Forum Survey Results"   

"Below are the results of the survey conducted in July, over 1,500 people participated in the survey.  Click here to read how we plan to respond to the results.

Community members logged in page

When asked about the Community Members Logged In (page located here) 48% of the survey participants did not know this page existed. 36% want the page removed, and 16% want the page to stay.

QVC employees posting comments in the forums

When asked about QVC employees posting in the forums 83% of the survey participants are ok with QVC posting.

Of the people who are for QVC posting in the forums, 55% welcome posts anywhere, 22% are ok with posts anywhere to help answer questions, and finally 23% want QVC to post in a specific category.

Survey questions about managing nasty posts

73% of the survey participants want QVC to remove negative/nasty posts about Community members. 14% do not care either way, and 13% are against QVC removing negative posts about Community members.

50% of the survey participants want QVC to remove negative/nasty posts about hosts.  25% do not care either way, and 25% are against QVC removing negative/nasty posts about hosts

50% of the survey participants want QVC to do nothing about negative posts about brands and on-air guests. 21% do not care either way, and 29% would like QVC to remove negative posts about brands.

Good posts that take a bad turn and become nasty

72% of the survey participants want QVC to take some action when a discussion takes a negative turn. 28% are against QVC taking action on a post that turns negative.

The majority of the votes went to QVC removing the negative posts only (60%), QVC closing comments came in second (23%), and last was QVC removes the entire discussion (17%).

Forum maintenance of older posts with thousands of comments

64% of the survey participants like to see older threads closed after a certain time period or reach a maximum number of replies. 36% don’t want the long standing discussions to be closed ever."

link to this thread:

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Blogs/Community-Forum-Survey-Results/ba-p/1855212

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova