Honored Contributor

Re: FURIOUS 1ST TIME CUSTOMER! WILL NOT ORDER AGAIN * DO NOT RECOMMEND QVC

[ Edited ]

There might well be legitimate reasons for QVC's trepidation, but what can't be explained away is why no one from 'finance' timely returns calls and why, after going through the saga several times with several employees, the matter still isn't resolved. We've read other, similar instances of customers saying they had to leave a message because of items being held for 'clearance' by 'finance' and their calls were never returned or were not timely returned. No matter how you slice it, this is not a customer friendly way to operate and it shouldn't take a moderator on a forum to resolve the matter for a customer...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Contributor

@NicksmomESQI thought this too, however, there is a charge of $470, on my CC from the order. So, it didn't get declined.

Honored Contributor

I can see your frustration.    However, regardless of price, easy pay, free shipping, etc., I will not even consider buying items like these, from QVC.    My advice is to buy local and deal face to face with sales staff.   

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@JoshArmsHow outrageous! Seriously, there are so many companies selling tech products and with free shipping, too!  Why not just google the exact item you are looking for and take your business elsewhere.  I've bought computers, monitors, keyboards and all manner of those kinds of products for our office as well as our home and found a great deal of competition.  Googling the items you're looking for will identify other vendors and you'll surely find a better deal.  It wouldn't hurt to contact your credit card company and ask if they know what the problem might be.

You have every right to be infuriated!  Spend your money where you get treated right!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Along with the many, many other less than stellar changes customers have cited on various of these forums, the lack of a customer focus is another that can be added to the list... It would appear 'corporate' has gone over the edge. This is so not how this company used to operate... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

In my opinion, there is absolutely no excuse for the way this customer’s order has been bungled.

QVC needs to get its stories straight.

Honored Contributor

There is certainly no excuse for any corporate entity not promptly returning phone calls.  They'd probably use the excuse that they're frantically busy close to Christmas but we hear the same complaint from customers in the middle of summer.  If they say someone will call you back, by george make sure someone does it within a prompt timeframe.  It makes QVC corporate look like a bunch of disorganized amateurs.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@GenXmuse wrote:

Did you tell QVC how much you make? Keep reminding them about your more than enough income and i bet do take notice and send your items if you do. 

You can get a Mac desktop and a camera for less than $500 on QVC. That’s an unbelievable price!

There would be no reason to tell QVC how much you make, unless you're applying for their credit card and it wouldn't make any difference to them.  (And to be honest, they're not doing a credit check, if the customer is using another CC.  They have no way of knowing what debt or other bills someone has.)

As I understand it, there has always been some kind of financial restriction on expensive purchases by first-time customers using Easy-Pay.  I suspect that's what's happening here.

But until a moderator comes on and can offer help, we don't know the whole story.

@JoshArms- You can email the moderators at Social.Team@qvc.com.

They have always been extremely helpful and knowledgeable and can sort things out quickly.

ETA:  What you may be seeing on your CC is a pending authorization for the amount of the first payment; not an actual charge.

Super Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

@GenXmuse wrote:

Did you tell QVC how much you make? Keep reminding them about your more than enough income and i bet do take notice and send your items if you do. 

You can get a Mac desktop and a camera for less than $500 on QVC. That’s an unbelievable price!

There would be no reason to tell QVC how much you make, unless you're applying for their credit card and it wouldn't make any difference to them.  (And to be honest, they're not doing a credit check, if the customer is using another CC.  They have no way of knowing what debt or other bills someone has.)

As I understand it, there has always been some kind of financial restriction on expensive purchases by first-time customers using Easy-Pay.  I suspect that's what's happening here.

But until a moderator comes on and can offer help, we don't know the whole story.

@JoshArms- You can email the moderators at Social.Team@qvc.com.

They have always been extremely helpful and knowledgeable and can sort things out quickly.

ETA:  What you may be seeing on your CC is a pending authorization for the amount of the first payment; not an actual charge.

You may also want to contact your cc company to see if they flagged the charge.  Electronics are the types of items that they will flag for fraud, especially during the holidays.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

As much as some people on here hate Amazon....I had a chance to deal with their Customer service yesterday

I ordered a Barbie car for my Granddaughter  and my shipping date changed to May15,2019!

I clicked on "contact us" and it said I would receive a call in 2 min....Which I DID!! The rep checked the order and fixed the shipping glitch...

That is why I shop there more and more...

That being said, Barb from CS helped me when  I posted on here that I had a small issue with a product I received...