Occasional Contributor

Items Becoming Unavailable While Order Is "In Process"

I'm an extremely frustrated new customer and was wondering if anyone else has had similar experiences, or any advice. I have tried FOUR times now to purchase a Nintendo Switch bundle as the option for easy pay makes it nice to be able to do as a Christmas present for my kids. The first was in an order with 3 other items. It sat "in process" for 5 days before I got an email to call CS and verify my identity; which I did. Some time later, the other 3 items shipped out, but the Switch was out of stock. So I switched to another bundle. A few days later, that order was still "in process" when I noticed my original bundle was available again. I switched back to the original. 5 days later, I get yet another email to verify my identity yet again. I do and I'm told this item is out of stock, yet again. So, I switch to yet another bundle and up the order to express shipping. I also included an additional controller set. I get a call the next day to verify my identity for the third time, and I'm told my order is set to be delivered by the 20th of this month. Now the order for the extra controllers has shipped, while the Switch itself is still "in process" and not available for the however many time on the site. I spoke to CS prior to the fourth order to ask how it's even possible for orders that I place to be sold out from under me. They stated priority goes to "established customers" and those that use cc's. Well, I did use my cc and, each time I've placed an order, the funds get tied up in holds for days, with no product ever being shipped. This seems like a poor way to do business. Four orders placed, four holds taken on my card, and zero items ever shipped. I just cannot wrap my brain around how this is even possible!
Super Contributor

Re: Items Becoming Unavailable While Order Is "In Process"

The same type of thing happened to me on a Black Friday special purchase. The order went through and a few days later they said they did not have stock. I used a cc and have been a customer for many years. Now it says backordered. Personally I think they will cancel it soon. That is not right especially because they were still selling the item when they sent me a not in stock email. I have been watching this item and it went on a waitlist last week and I am still waiting to see if mine will ever ship. I will never buy a gift for anyone from Q because you never know if you will actually get it. They know immediately if they have stock. Oversells should never happen in this technology age. Plus taking days to notify a customer is not acceptable. This is especially terrible during Christmas. 

I would suggest you find another retailer for your purchase. It would be a shame to disappoint kids. 

Honored Contributor

@Spurrier22.  You're much more patient than I would be.  Isn't there somewhere else where you can buy whatever it is you're determined to get?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Occasional Contributor

@Kachina624 I will be purchasing it outright from Best Buy once they release all the holds from all these attempts to actually get an order filled. I was hoping to be able to use Easy Pay since it would be nice to spread out payment for the large gift, but I've already "paid" for it in the holds alone. I could MAYBE understand this ordeal happening one time; but not four. And it seems from reading these forums that I'm not the only one dealing with something like this. I have been nothing but respectful and understanding on the phone with CS and I'm just baffled that this is continuing this way. Very unfortunate as I would've loved to have continued giving this company my business.
Occasional Contributor

I also have never once received an "out of stock" notification. Just when I call to see why my orders are still in process after so many days, and aafter verifying my identity each time, CS tells me they are out of stock.
Honored Contributor

@Spurrier22.  Believe it or not, QVC gives really good customer service in shipping all their products except these electronic gizmos around the holidays.  Their inability to manage the order taking and credit verification is very puzzling and certainly doesn't reflect their position as a major retailer.   I'm sorry you've had this horrendous experience and hope you're eventually able to get what you need elsewhere.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Spurrier22 wrote:
... They stated priority goes to "established customers" and those that use cc’s. ...

@Spurrier22, in my opinion, this is how crazy QVC has become, So give “new” customers perks, then treat them like dirt. Just how many of these new customers do they think will continue to shop here? 

In what universe does this make any kind of sense?

Regular Contributor

The QVC website and ordering system is extremely antiquated. I don't know how such a mega corporation that also owns HSN and Zulily functions with this circa-1998 website. It's really disgraceful.

Honored Contributor

Retailers do not put a HOLD on your credit card.  They verify that the purchase 'at that time' will go through but they can not hold the amount on your card.

Your card can not be actually charged until the item is shipped.  If you are very close to your credit limit, this can cause a problem.

Every time you change a large ticket order, they are required to re-verify your credit card company will allow the purchase to go through.  Sadly, you had to redo this a few times possibly causing the delay.

With the high amount of fraudulent activity going on, you can't blame them.

I sure hope you can get the gift you want for your children.  I would, in the future, start a LOT earlier though if you plan to order from anyone online.

Occasional Contributor

I understand what you're saying, but QVC has admitted to placing a hold on the funds. And I've placed too many orders to count online this holiday season, all after the original order I placed here. Some up to a week after. Literally every one of those orders have already arrived. I've received nothing from QVC.