Regular Contributor

I discovered that on two returns I was charged for shipping it USPS. I never use the postal service for my returns (which are few). The representative stated that they scanned a label. I can’t imagine what was scanned because I eliminate all labels from the box and use a sheet of computer paper to write the address. In the future, I definitely will watch this much closer. I won’t pay UPS and USPS charges. Sometimes the receipt from QVC doesn’t list the return address and this is unacceptable. 

USPS told me that packages remain at the post office and don’t ship immediately. I had that exoerience once. It took so long for the package to get to QVC returns. I always ship UPS and it arrives in one day. Now it takes QVC a week plus to refund. Recently I returned a few clothing/shoe items due to poor sizing. My record is pretty good. I purchase more than I return. I read bow others had shoe sizing issues in the last few months. I say, beware and check your return total. 

Honored Contributor

It sounds like what you are saying is you paid for shipping it back.  Do you have your receipt.  Tell customer service that you paid the shipping and have the receipt. 

Honored Contributor

Confused by 90% of what the OP is saying

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Regular Contributor

GCR18,

Yes, I paid for UPS shipping. Here is the problem...UPS use to have you write the product description on the receipt. Now you just get a receipt with tracking numbers. I returned four items in a relatively short period of time. The tracking numbers don’t tell you which items were in each package. Customer service said they credited my account, but I want to be sure. She informed me that they don’t have the tracking available to them on the computer. I hope I was credited. I’ll call back today or tomorrow. I have the receipts, however they are unable to check it. 

Frequent Contributor

Rarely do I use the $6.95 USPS prepared return label, I normally take return to post office and pay the postage I find it to be cheaper.  I've always thought using UPS would be far more more expensive.  There has been a couple times I was charged the $6.95 return postage per item I returned especially when I returned more than one item per package. Each time I noticed I was charged return postage I simply called customer service and they automatically refunded the postage, no need to send in proof that I paid postage on my end.  I suggest calling, I've always found customer service to resolve any issue I've had to my complete satisfaction.  

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

@angel8

When returning items I make copies of my invoice so I have item description, item name, item number, order date and order number. When paying return postage I take receipt from USPS with price I paid, date, and tracking number and staple it to the copy of the invoice I enclosed with return.  I keep that information until my refund has shown up my credit card so should there be any issues I have all the information together.   Should there be an issue it's helpful to customer service to provide that information.

Valued Contributor

@judEve I do the same thing. It works for me too.

@angel8 If you don’t have a copy of your invoice when returning items maybe you can write the item on you receipt. I've also done that in the past. 

Sometimes the strength within you is not a big fiery flame for all to see. It is just a tiny spark that whispers ever so softly "You Got This - Keep Going"
Regular Contributor

In the future I will make copies, however as I stated before customer service doesn’t have record of UPS return tracking. I normally copy and record everything, but I never have problems with UPS delivery. QVC always accepted the return without claiming it was sent USPS. I average only approximately ten returns a year so I never had a problem like this in the past. Thanks for reminding me about copies and writing the information on the receipt! Thank you 

Honored Contributor

I use the supplied USPS labels if at all possible.  I haven't had an issue.  I don't find shipping to be enough, or any, cheaper to fool with standing in line and paying myself.

Regular Contributor

When I go to our UPS I never stand on line. I get there when they open and off the package goes and in one day QVC has it. Our postal system holds the packages. I was told directly by customer service in the post office that they do not get shipped right away. Each post office is different. Thus, my reason for using UPS.