Respected Contributor

@Still Raining wrote:

I had a stroke, then a clot which caused both another stroke and an aneurysm.  Right over Christmas weekend no less.

Yes indeed, they left me smelling a chemical type smell at times, which no one else can smell.  Not foul, or like gas, just a new type of smell.

My taste also sort of went away too.  I have been doing cancer treatments and did lose a lot of weight, which I am trying to regain.  With no taste I just sort of don't like to eat.

I am on a lot of drugs, but they claim they are not cause.  But who knows.

It can be a real thing, never doubt that.  Perhaps there was some cause?  Just for me, the doctors can't help.  Hope you get an answer.

@Still RainingThat's an awful lot to deal with.  How kind of you to encourage the OP not to doubt the reality of her symptoms.  Here's hoping that you'll regain your appetite and strength.

Respected Contributor

Re: suzyQ3’s Motivation

[ Edited ]

@Marp 

Thank you for the article.  It did give me some food for thought. 

I did fall and hit my head but I don't remember if the issue started before then or after.  And I've had a brain CT scan which was normal.   

I'm going to see an allergist and follow up on other posters homeopathic/alternative medicine suggestions.   If both of those don't produce any causes/treatment, I may see a neurologist.   

It's not a bad smell, more like some unidentifiable food cooking.  That's the best way to describe it.  And it's not all of the time.  I can taste some foods some of the time.  

Anyway you and others have been very helpful.  Thanks to all.