Super Contributor

living alone during the pandemic

for me it is a nay!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: living alone during the pandemic

Since we are in this mess anyway, I love ❤️ living alone.  No one to breath on me and I know what I have touched.  Like a bubble.

Not to say that I don't hate being cut off from all my peeps.

Honored Contributor

It has its ups and downs for me.  Some days are better than others.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't mind at all, but I had a lot of things at home to do. Kept really busy purging things from the closets/cabinets, long walks with the dog, etc.

Did miss my coworkers, and am glad to be back in the office. We all get along really well, so seeing them in person is much better than the emails, phone calls, using skype.

Respected Contributor

I have my cats to keep me company. I talk to my neighbors across the fence.

Respected Contributor

I live alone and have for many years. I've had no problems with it, now or previously. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Honored Contributor

Some people don't have a choice; they either have no friends or relatives or they have none that are interested in sharing a home.  It's funny, my nephew and his wife and daughter have been living with us since the end of February.  Before we knew about Covid 19.  They were going to stay with us until Fall, save money, pay down their credit card debt and in Oct move into their own apartment.  A fresh start for them, they'd be in a new place for the holidays.  And then March came and everyone was isolated in their homes and everything was closed.  Hubby goes into the office sporadically but the rest of us work from home.  We carved out our own office areas.  I have the living room, my nephew has the dining room, his wife works in their bedroom, hubby works at the far end of the kitchen and my 7 year old niece did her homes schooling in our bedroom.  Crazy but comfortable and workable.  The plus side for them was that there is always an adult to supervise Sky's online learning or to take her for a walk or out with her scooter or just be there for her.  When things were bad in the winter, hubby and I (we are 60) didn't go out. My nephew and his wife did the shopping which in those days meant running from store to store to look for what we needed.  My housekeeper wasn't working so they did the cleaning.  Which was a tremendous help but most of all it was nice have other people with us when we were in lock down for 3 months. Emotionally, I needed that.  I think we all needed that.  My bff is single, childless and in her 70's.  She invited two of her friends to share her home with her.  My daughter lives close by her and she would do their grocery shopping and pick up prescriptions  and leave the bags on the front porch for them.  I have anothe friend in her 60;s and retired, her college age great niece moved in with her.  Families came together, friends came together and it was a wonderful thing to see.  Whether it was sharing a home or doing the grocery shopping and picking up other essentials for people in lockdown.  Both my sisters chose to stay in their own apartments in different elderly-disabled housing developments.  No visitors were allowed.  They had their groceries delivered.  They talked to people on the phone and via Facebook but for about 4 months, they had no physical contact with anyone.  They preferred it that way.  

Honored Contributor

I have my 2 dogs to keep me company.  If I still lived with my ex-husband, he would have gotten on my nerves big-time and I probably would have killed him by now.  I can appreciate being alone and count my blessings.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I've lived alone for the past 25 years. I prefer it that way with or without the pandemic.  That doen't make any difference to me when it comes to living alone. 

Honored Contributor

I have been living alone since 1999 and during the shutdown still went to my office.  Many days on end I did not see anyone on my floor, in the ladies room, or even in the elevator.  It was very strange but I do love living alone.  Just was glad to be able to go back to visiting family and friends when our lock down was lifted.  I missed my grandchildren terribly.  Lots of sleepovers since at my house and me at theirs.  Smaller scale for holidays coming up but at least I will not spend them alone like I did Easter.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."