Honored Contributor

@zitawins wrote:

I can empathize with you -- I was diagnosed with stage 3B lung cancer three years ago. I had surgery, and then chemo through three rounds before I stopped.

What I want to assure you is that it's possible to beat the cancer. I repeat -- it's been three years, and I show no signs of a recurrence, and I am in my 70s. Don't despair. With support and good medicine, you can come through this.

My love, good thoughts, and prayers are with you. God bless.

@oldness2  I agree with @zitawins ...

I am also a lung cancer survivor since 2004. I don't have 2 lungs anymore, but all is good.

I have had other health issues as well. The year after my lung cancer diagnosis I had to have a full hysterectomy because I had developed a fibroid the size of a grapefruit. The following year I broke my leg. It was terrible.

You will get through it to the other side...have faith. 

Saying prayers and wishing you all the best toward your recovery Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@oldness2 wrote:

was told yesterday i have lung cancer........nothing set up yet .  my head feels like it's going to explode!

had stage 3c breast cancer 11 years ago and thought that was enough for a life time..........

sigh.........................................

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{ @oldness2 }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Keeping you in my prayers.I can totally understand your fear <3

Trusted Contributor

@oldness2,

I will keep you in my prayers.Heart

Honored Contributor

@oldness2 wrote:

was told yesterday i have lung cancer........nothing set up yet .  my head feels like it's going to explode!

had stage 3c breast cancer 11 years ago and thought that was enough for a life time..........

sigh...........................................

Sorry to hear this. Will lift you up in prayer! One day at a time!  

Honored Contributor

Re: scared............

[ Edited ]

oldness2,

I was very saddened to read your news about your new cancer battle.  Bless you, dear woman.

May you triumph once again.  

Through the years in learning about this horrible expression of this dreadful disease, I have concluded that some people "beat" it.  Quite a few have, as a matter of fact, including two of my first cousins, an aunt as well as the father of a friend of mine.

You are in my prayers.

(Plus, a colleague from work).

Trusted Contributor

@oldness2 wrote:

sigh...........................................

@oldness2 I’m so sorry for what you are going through yet again. I’ll pray for you as that is the best thing any of us can do for each other when we need help. He is the only one we can truly count on in this world. Be still and listen and he will show you the way each day. God bless.

Honored Contributor

@oldness2,

So sorry to read this about you. Please try to stay strong and positive. We are here for you,

https://osborne2029.files.wordpress.com/2015/09/thinking-of-you-and-praying-for-you.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

Remember experiencing this, oh, so well.  This Board is a wonderful support group.  Don't forget to post and vent if needed.  Many of us have been in your shoes!  "Scared" is being normal at this time.  We're praying for you and keeping you in our thoughts!

Prayers for you as you beat this demon!  

Respected Contributor

I too went through cancer recently--ovarian-- and had surgery followed by chemo. It is a devastating blow for sure when you get that diagnosis.  I had a nervous breakdown and just fell apart emotionally.  I prayed and prayed for my mental as well as physical health, and I will for you too!   Stay strong sweet lady!

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

You will be in my thoughts and prayers as you navigate through all of this.  There have been so many amazing advances in medicine to help you get through this.  I can only imagine your fear right now,  but realize you are not alone in this.  May God bless you, my dear.  Please let everyone know how you are doing.