Occasional Contributor
I just turned into the main channel to see they were selling carrot cakes for,get this, $58.00 each. Are they crazy? My local Wegmans bakery makes their own Ultimate carrot cake for $23.00,and Betty Crocker has a cake mix one for $.99 cents. I hope people are not that crazy to pay those prices when you cake even make your own,not me
Honored Contributor

Wegman’s cakes are delicious !

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

you made a new nic to make a thread calling the cake buyers crazy?

dang

~~who/what is responsible for your joy? YOU!~~
Trusted Contributor

I also find the QVC food prices crazy high, but who am I to tell people how to spend their money.

Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

Wegman’s cakes are delicious !

Especially their coconut!

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Harvard99 wrote:

I also find the QVC food prices crazy high, but who am I to tell people how to spend their money.

When I look at the price of Q food I figure at least $20-$25 of the cost is to cover S&H.  Three, four , five or more pounds of food plus 5 pounds of dry ice with 2 day shipping is not inexpensive.

I know the claim but in reality there is no such thing as free shipping.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor
There is no carrot cake worth $58.00.
Honored Contributor

Re: Carrot cake

[ Edited ]

Anyone can buy a carrot cake mix.  But good Lord those cake mixes aren't always that good.  Carrot cake mix tastes like a spice cake, and so artificial tasting.  I haven't tried qvc carrot cake, but I buy the worlds best, next to homemade from scratch from Sweet Lady Jane bakery in SoCal.  Omg, the nuts are huge, you can see shreds of carrot, pineapple, raisins, coconut.  The cream cheese frosting is so good.  I used to make one from scratch, but so much work and mess!  Then hoping the cake would be done enough.  Also, after making carrot cake from scratch, I discovered I really don't want to know what is in it, lol.  The cups of oil, the butter, nuts, sugar, cream cheese. Yikes!!!  Better to buy one you love, and rip the ingredient list off!!  Lol..  Plus it  costs. A Lot to make one at home,  none of the ingredients besides flour do I keep on hand.  Then I bake so seldom now I wind up javing to buy extract, sugar, raisins, pineapple, coconut, etc...

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@shoekitty wrote:

Anyone can buy a carrot cake mix.  But good Lord those cake mixes aren't always that good.  Carrot cake mix tastes like a spice cake, and so artificial tasting.  I haven't tried qvc carrot cake, but I buy the worlds best, next to homemade from scratch from Sweet Lady Jane bakery in SoCal.  Omg, the nuts are huge, you can see shreds of carrot, pineapple, raisins, coconut.  The cream cheese frosting is so good.  I used to make one from scratch, but so much work and mess!  Then hoping the cake would be done enough.  Also, after making carrot cake from scratch, I discovered I really don't want to know what is in it, lol.  The cups of oil, the butter, nuts, sugar, cream cheese. Yikes!!!  Better to buy one you love, and rip the ingredient list off!!  Lol..  Plus it  costs. A Lot to make one at home,  none of the ingredients besides flour do I keep on hand.  Then I bake so seldom now I wind up javing to buy extract, sugar, raisins, pineapple, coconut, etc...

@shoekitty   I vouch for every word in your post.  I've made several "home-made" carrot cakes in my life...even grated the carrots myself.  Labor. time and ingredients made it worth more than $50 in my book.  

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

A carrot cake mix is in no way a real carrot cake!!  I have also made a carrot cake from scratch and use the best ingredients.  Figuring the cost of ingredients and the time involved it is well worth paying $58 for one to come already made.  I wouldn't eat a mediocre carrot cake as they just don't taste that great!

I will never understand why some care so much about what others choose to order and spend their money on!  If OP or anyone is ok with a 99 cent cake mix then let them enjoy it but don't dictate to anyone what they like!!

I also have to add that it can serve 14-16 so that is less than $5 per serving.  Can't get that at a restaurant and you won't get that many servings from a cake mix either.  The ones I make would only get 8 -10 pieces also.