Frequent Contributor

remember when QVC use to sell the dolls and boyd's bears and can't forget the arts and crafts.

Honored Contributor

Sure do and enjoyed all of it back then but times have changed and people don't want to do crafts or put money into collectables anymore...  it all cycles around and one day someone will have an ah-ha moment and start selling dolls, collectibles and crafts again and the public will say "what a great idea" and it'll all start selling again..... 

Same with Antiques....  some sell but most don't right now....

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Respected Contributor

I liked it when they used to sell beautiful pictures and lamps and things that a person could really decorate their home with. We have some beautiful pictures from the Q that everyone make comments about when they come here.

Trusted Contributor

The crafts were fun.  I loved the fake stained glass crafts, but I can't remember the name of it.  

Honored Contributor

I've heard about some of these items sold in the past.  I think that there are now so many other online alternatives, as well as stores like Hobby Lobby, Michaels, etc?

Honored Contributor

I did that at our former home.  Upstairs had an octagon window that I faux-stain glass the entire window and boy did it look good.  We eventually changed out all the windows and I kept that window.  It was fun and it looked great.  Woman LOL

It also filtered the Western sun that came through that window at certain times of the day blinding everyone.... 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

I remember the olden days too.  Some of the things sold then are better left in the past.

Super Contributor

@cater wrote:

I liked it when they used to sell beautiful pictures and lamps and things that a person could really decorate their home with. We have some beautiful pictures from the Q that everyone make comments about when they come here.

Me too! Just an FYI, Evine has some really cool home stuff - I think the one show is called "Style at Home with Margie". Neat, unusual stuff with decent prices.

Respected Contributor

@Q4u wrote:

Sure do and enjoyed all of it back then but times have changed and people don't want to do crafts or put money into collectables anymore...  it all cycles around and one day someone will have an ah-ha moment and start selling dolls, collectibles and crafts again and the public will say "what a great idea" and it'll all start selling again..... 

Same with Antiques....  some sell but most don't right now....

You're right, no one wants this stuff anymore.  My ex passed away last year and my kids had to get rid of all his colectibles.  Problem was, no body buys this stuff anymore.  They practically gave it away.

Respected Contributor

I enjoyed those shows too.  Remember Capodimonte?  I have at least 4 or 5 pieces of that.  I remember Steve (not Bryant, but can't remember his last name) would host many of those shows.  It was fun and informative to watch QVC, and I learned a lot, especially about jewelry.