Respected Contributor

iCoffee single serve coffee maker

Saw this advertised recently in a BB&B sale paper and it intrigued me. I did a lot of research including trying to figure out what Apple would make a coffee maker! It's not Apple, it's Remington, and I have no clue why they went with iCoffee! The reviews were predominantly good.

I have a Vue, and found it brewed coffee much better than the original Keurig brewing method. I was disappointed when they discontinued the Vue and replaced it with the 2.0 especially after tasting the coffee it brewed. I had be told it used the same brewing style as the Vue, but it didn't taste as good.

With the demise of the Vue, I don't see the Vue cup offerings expanding and have only found the cups at BB&B or Keurig.com.

Well, I figured what the heck, I had a 20% coupon and of course BB&B's like it or return it guarantee. I bought it, and brewed a couple of cups using regular k-cups and OMG it's WONDERFUL. Full flavor and smooth, no bitter or astringent qualities which was my main complaint with the original Keurig brewer.

Valued Contributor

Re: iCoffee single serve coffee maker

So glad for this post! I saw that coffee maker, and was wondering how it would be. Thanks for your review on it. I really liked the look of it ,too.Smile

Respected Contributor

On 3/20/2015 05gage25 said:

So glad for this post! I saw that coffee maker, and was wondering how it would be. Thanks for your review on it. I really liked the look of it ,too.Smile

You're welcome.

Super Contributor

Yes thank you for the review as well. I saw that in BB&B about 5 weeks or so ago and was very interested but I had just driven 40 miles a couple weeks earlier and got a Cuisinart which I should never replaced with the VUE in the first place as it was still working and it makes made very good coffee.

Recently I have been spending a bit more time and making the best coffee I ever had with the Aeropress and Capresso burr grinder but definitely will consider the Remington machine.

Super Contributor

I checked it out online. I was disappointed to see yet another machine that uses those environmentally unfriendly K-Cups. I had tossed out my Keurig because of this. Using the My Cup filter was too messy.

Respected Contributor

On 3/20/2015 Crisso said:

I checked it out online. I was disappointed to see yet another machine that uses those environmentally unfriendly K-Cups. I had tossed out my Keurig because of this. Using the My Cup filter was too messy.

It will use just about any single-serve cups. My local grocery has some wonderful no-plastic k-cup pods.

Super Contributor

On 3/20/2015 Buck-i-Nana said:

It will use just about any single-serve cups. My local grocery has some wonderful no-plastic k-cup pods.

Interesting. I had not heard of this.

Respected Contributor

San Francisco Bay gourmet coffee makes a k-pod that only has a plastic collar. It's 97% bio-degradable.

Kroger's Private Selection also has a k-pod.

Super Contributor

San Francisco Bay gourmet coffee makes a k-pod that only has a plastic collar. It's 97% bio-degradable.

Kroger's Private Selection also has a k-pod.

Good to know. Thanks, Buck-i-Nana!

Super Contributor

For a good single-serving cup of coffee, I bought a box of Folgers single cup servings. Each coffee-bag (same size as a tea-bag) is individually foil wrapped. Put approximately 6-ozs. cold water in mug, add coffee-bag, then put in microwave on HI for 2-minutes. Then dip bag for 30-seconds or so, squeeze and remove. Add cream n sugar and you're all set. I think these bags taste better than Instant-coffee, but is just as easy to make as a pot/cup coffee. Each cup is fresh, as it's foil-wrapped, so they store in your cupboard easily. Anyway, I have only found them in one Walmart store locally, not every Walmart stocks them. Next time I go I am buying 5-boxes.....just to make sure I have them on hand!. All I need is a coffee mug and spoon and I'm set..lol