Honored Contributor

Re: iCoffee single serve coffee maker

I'm thinking about buying this as I'm frustrated with having to clean the needle in my Keurig all the time when it quits working. Is there still no time limit in returning to BB&B?

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

NickNack, they changed their policy, so I Googled it.

<h3 class="subHeading" style="color: #666666; font-size: 16px; margin: 15px 0px; font-family: Arial; word-wrap: break-word;"> Returns to Our Stores</h3>

We gladly accept returns or exchanges at any of our store locations nationwide. Please remember to bring the original packing invoice and the credit card used for purchase. Without the original packing invoice and your credit card, you may receive an exchange or merchandise credit. Purchases made with PayPal or Gift Card(s) will be refunded in the form of a merchandise credit. If multiple tender types (including PayPal) were used in the original purchase, the portion paid with credit/debit card will be refunded to that payment type. The balance will be refunded in the form of a merchandise credit. To find the location nearest you, please click here or call 1-800-GO-BEYOND.

Honored Contributor

Thank you tigress. It sounds like they still don't have a time limit.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Super Contributor

On 4/9/2015 NickNack said:

Thank you tigress. It sounds like they still don't have a time limit.

Neither does Kohls

Respected Contributor

I think the big change with BBB was that you couldn't get cash back without the receipt but a store credit or something like that. I keep my receipts for purchases like that, so it wouldn't be a problem for me.

Super Contributor

On 4/9/2015 tigriss said:

I think the big change with BBB was that you couldn't get cash back without the receipt but a store credit or something like that. I keep my receipts for purchases like that, so it wouldn't be a problem for me.

I actually keep the box and then fold a few time and tape the receipt on an inner lid of the box.

Respected Contributor

That is a great idea! You do need the box. I had to return a vacuum cleaner to the manufacturer for repair without the box because my sister got into a happy toss everything mood and talked me into it. I now keep the boxes till the warranty goes.

Respected Contributor

On 4/9/2015 4uthebest said:
On 4/6/2015 3dlovely said:

To replace our second Keurig single serve, we purchased the iCoffee single serve a couple weeks ago and so far, love it! I think the coffee brews much hotter than the Keurig. Also, I like that it has a power saver feature. After a certain amount of time has passed after brewing a cup of coffee, it goes into power saver. If you make another cup within 24 hours, it doesn't take as long to heat up. With the Keurig I would have to remember to power it off at some point if I thought we were done drinking coffee/tea for the day or I would set the auto off. However, if our power went out, I would have to reset everything.

The iCoffee is a little more basic which I have no problem. It doesn't have a clock (which I never had a need for anyway), it doesn't have an auto on (again, I had no need). It just makes a great single cup of coffee.

My BB&B would not take their 20% coupon off the Keurig. They did accept their 20% coupon on the iCoffee.

I was also extremely disappointed in Keurig introducing their last version which would only take their recommended K-cups. I find that to be a little greedy and don't care for that. I did see on YouTube there is a way to get around that, but consumers shouldn't have to go through some kind of process just to use what coffee they would like to use.

Naturally for only owning it a couple of weeks I can't tell how long it is going to last, but right now I am loving it.

I do not know what Keurig you are talking about but I do know that the Cuisinart 770 brews quite a bit hotter and in my rather extensive comparisons between the icoffee and the Cuisinart (details in another post ) I will say that of the motto "Hotter than Hot, Smoother than Smooth, Faster than Fast" the icoffee fails 2 of these but to me with the important one (Smoother than Smooth) it wildly excels.

In addition using my own ground coffee in their included refillable cup, the coffee quality also is better than any other Keurig type machine I have used.

The Cuisinart also has a clock and auto shut off as do other Keurigs I have had so the icoffee is not unique in that aspect either.

I'm loving my iCoffee machine so far. I have a Keurig Vue, but as they discontinued it, they're not expanding the offerings on the coffee for it. The Vue brewed hotter than the original Keurig machines and the Keurig 2.0. It also brewed so much better tasting coffee. I brewed the same coffee in my Vue and my new iCoffee and the taste and smoothness I love was there in the iCoffee. I couldn't taste a difference between the two cups. They both leave the Keurig 2.0 in the dust as far as taste goes.

I love having the cup size control with the iCoffee, being in increments of 1/2 ounce...allows just the perfect amount of tweeking to get exactly the brew strength you want.

Super Contributor

I totally agree that the Keurig VUE was their best model in the last 3 years and I wish they would never had discontinued it.

At this point in time I wonder when the next version of the icoffee will be released as there are entirely too many grinds in the rinse after using commercially prepared K Cups!

Because of this residual amount of coffee grinds in the unit after a brew I think it is important that you run at least one rinse cycle after each K Cup brew. This of course is saying nothing of the absolute necessity of in my opinion two rinses after you use your own coffee grind.**

I was surprised to see at least 600% more grinds in the rinse of the icoffee compared to the Cuisinart.

** Unless you fill it 2/3 or less..

Super Contributor

On 4/9/2015 tigriss said:

That is a great idea! You do need the box. I had to return a vacuum cleaner to the manufacturer for repair without the box because my sister got into a happy toss everything mood and talked me into it. I now keep the boxes till the warranty goes.

Actually the policy of needing a box for any return should be a minimum requirement of a business and it is totally foreign to me to ever think of returning to a store anything without the box it originally came in. I simply fold several times the receipt to minimize the chance of the thermal image degrading over time and it has worked thus far at least 3 years.