Super Contributor

Re: host MARY NELSON is leaving QVC

"Bragging rights"? For quitting your job? Hardly.

Respected Contributor

Aww bummer.

I liked her shows.

I wish her the best.

Respected Contributor

This explains a little as to why I have not seen her that much the last couple of months. Wishing her the best!

Esteemed Contributor

@bonappetit wrote:

"Bragging rights"? For quitting your job? Hardly.

For having worked a a QVC host, just a "girl from the holler", as she said.  To have achieved that.

Cogito ergo sum
Trusted Contributor

@Alison Wonderland wrote:

Oh, I confused her with the other Mary, who does the funny wine videos.

I rarely saw Mary Nelson in QVC, but I always appreciated her when I did. She was warm and genuine and did a great job presenting the Philosophy shows.

Oh that's funny @Alison Wonderland I did too and my first though was "oh good". I know that sounds mean but Mary DeAngelis's voice has always driven me up the wall to the point where I have to mute the TV whenever she's on. .As for Mary Nelson I too will miss her and wish her well.  .    

Respected Contributor

I liked Mary. I especially enjoyed a recent Denim & Co show which featured her along with Gary. They’re both from Kentucky, and he called her his Kentucky girlfriend (she was fine with it—it was said with affection). She told a bit about growing up in KY, how they didn’t have indoor plumbing when she was little, etc. She was very genuine. As to why she is leaving, I realize everyone is free to speculate, but I will say it bugs the *#$% out of me when people just can’t take things at face value (i.e., accept what a person says) and wish her/him well. It’s really none of our business, and some people seem to feel the need to make something negative out of every departure. 

Respected Contributor

@Foxxee wrote:

This is very odd.  She has been doing a bit of decorating in her house.  On September 18, she posted a few photos of her progress on Facebook.

Doesn't this farewell sound like she's yearning for home in Kentucky?   

She also has deep ties to Nebraska—she moved there in her twenties, worked there, and met her husband there. You can see that she’s wearing a Nebraska shirt in the first photo, and her Twitter handle is “@homesweethomaha.”

Respected Contributor

@hopi wrote:

Who?

That was my first thought also,  @hopi !  She hasn't been at the Q long enough to make an impression to me.

Esteemed Contributor

I wish her well in whatever her future holds. I admire her for wanting to be with her family and friends back home.

Honored Contributor

Glad it's not the dark haired Mary that does the In the Kitchen with David

shows. I like her.