Honored Contributor

host MARY NELSON is leaving QVC

[ Edited ]

via facebook

Thank you. If you don’t read beyond this point... you’ll at least know I’m grateful!

June 2012 was pivotal. That’s when I emailed Shawn Killinger QVC with a wordy note about who I was, where I was from, my experience, and above all, my dream: I had looked and looked for months about how to get in the door at QVC, but hadn’t cracked the code. I asked her if she’d be willing to help. She immediately wrote back! Shawn gave me the name of QVC’s casting director, and it was just the spark I needed. After auditioning three times in five years, I made it!

This journey wasn’t just about a job. I had loved shopping at QVC for years because of the hosts. They were genuine, knowledgeable and entertaining! I always felt like, by shopping at the Q, I was part of something more meaningful. Now that I’ve had a chance to be on the other side, I know how true that is.

The desire to be with family and friends has always been great, but in recent months, that feeling has amplified. Arriving at this moment is bittersweet... but mostly sweet. I’m grateful for the last two-and-a-half years! How amazing that a girl from eastern Kentucky, raised in a hollow, could lay the sort of bricks in life that lead to Studio Park! I’ll take all of the good from this experience and apply it somehow in the future. That is TBD. For now, it’s about acknowledging that life is too short to not be where your heart is.

My last day is September 23rd. If you’d like to keep up with my DIY shenanigans after that, please follow @home_sweet_homaha on IG and @homesweethomaha on Twitter.

I thank you dearly for your faith, encouragement, kindness, and friendship.

mary nelson qvc.jpg

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Re: host MARY NELSON is leaving QVC

This is a shame because I had come to like Mary Nelson but it is not surprising.  It got to the point where I barely saw her on air anymore in the slots she had been in and she really decreased her social media presence.  Something just seemed off.

Esteemed Contributor

I too like Mary. I think for some reason she’s being pushed out.What a shame. I’m going to miss her.

I wish her the best of luck!!

Honored Contributor

That is surprise.  I don't watch much of QVC TV but I don't think she has done many shows for a while now.  So, yet another established/experienced host is leaving  "to spend time with my family".  And yet they have all those new hosts, many of whom to be kind...have a LOT to learn.  I wish Mary well.

Esteemed Contributor

That is a shame...i wish her luck...... i hope this is her decision and not because of the fact that not only she,

Katie M. , Gabriella K., and other hosts who were major 

players on the main QVC shows were suddenly sent to the secondary lesser watched QVC2 channel and seem to have been replaced by the more self-absorbed hosts.

Esteemed Contributor

Who?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I had to look up who she was and was surprised that I didn't know about a half dozen of the *seasoned* hosts and none of the *fresh faces*.

Speaking of fresh faces, some of the usual hosts look so different.  Antonella and Amy, Kirsten to name a few.  Great glam shot of PJD!

Oops, didn't mean Kirsten, I mistook her for Jennifer Coffey.  I don't think I've ever seen Kirsten, either.

Honored Contributor

I hope Mary is happy and has the free time she is desiring.

Just because a host leaves does not mean that she is unhappy or the Q ask her to leave.  There is too much speculation.

I happy for you Mary and God bless.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Super Contributor

I like Mary Nelson, its a shame she was never on the main station, don't catch a lot of her shows.  I will miss her.

Respected Contributor

Thank you for posting the page from Facebook.

I think it is a lovely note of goodbye.

It said she was grateful for the opportunity but missed home. It expressed her leaving gracefully.

It was also very nice of her to mention Shawn and how she guided her.

I wish her the best.