Trusted Contributor

Re: host MARY NELSON is leaving QVC

So sad to see her go, I really enjoyed her.

Esteemed Contributor

Here's Mary

download (9).jpg

Honored Contributor

I like Mary and feel she was an assrt to QVC.  As a viewer, her leaving isn't welcome, but my reaction is totally selfish -  I prefer to watch shows hosted by old friends even though I know in my head that's not who they are.

I prefer not to second guess her comments.  As someone who for myriad reasons has lived far distances from my extended family, I understand the pull to return to her roots. There was no way I saw to make that happen in my life -  she seems to have done that and I'm happy for her.

Honored Contributor

I suppose QVC doesn't care what we think, but way too many of the better hosts are leaving and it makes the company look bad in my eyes. In my line of work, we heard customers complain when their primary contact left the company. The rest of us were told what diplomatic answers we could give to smooth things over. After awhile, the company didn't give a rat's behind and just said " if the customer leaves, so be it". I'm guessing that's what QVC thinks too - there are new customers to replace the old. But are they as loyal as us old-timers?

Honored Contributor

I'm not surprised by this news. Best wishes! In all her endeavors.

Honored Contributor

Sad that she's leaving so soon after working for years to get in at Q.  I wish her well.  Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Uh huh... another one wanting to 'spend more time with family'... 

Haven't been a regular viewer for years, so have seen very little of her, but it's pretty clear that with all those opting out to 'spend more time with... whatever...' that something is going on at Qurate... and it appears its not pretty...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

Only Courtney Khondabi and Kristine Zell remain from that group of five.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Oh, I confused her with the other Mary, who does the funny wine videos.

I rarely saw Mary Nelson in QVC, but I always appreciated her when I did. She was warm and genuine and did a great job presenting the Philosophy shows.

Honored Contributor

I wasn't sure who she was until someone posted her picture.  I think I have seen her on air a couple of times, and she seemed genuinely nice.  I don't know enough about her hosting skills to say how good she was in that department.  However, I don't think "genuinely nice" flies these days at the Q.  Lots of the hosts are nice, but they have an edge to them that can tolerate criticism and negativity.  Mary seems like someone who would choose to avoid those things if possible.  Good for her for recognizing that working at the Q isn't all it was qrapped up to be-- because, that's my guess on why she's leaving. Unless of course, she got the boot (for being too nice.)