Trusted Contributor

Snappy an WaJa1 , an Snappy I hear YOU about Christmas as EXPENSIVE to buy for all, an then maybe they will not like it, or would rather get there own, items.. Yes the Housing sounds wonderful.. we all gotta do what we gotta do to save, an enjoy life... Yes DD is doing good called 3 times today,an spoke to her dad an I..it was so good to hear her sweet voice... Glad your GS is o.k. after the accidents.. Today we our in the 50's an RAINY !! cool, our Furnace would not work, when my Hubby turned it on , so the repair man came, an it just took him 30 minutes to get it going, as the roofers , had knocked something loose, with the hammering an so forth.. always something.. an hoping your SIL had a Great BIRTHDAY !! nice they our the same age now.... WaJa1, the picture of the Cougar is so cute... Yes if YOU will help me I will post a picture of the " CORVETTE " Maybelline.. I do - not know how to do that, an I LOVE LOVE your car, so neat.. BOY !! hoping for great weather this weekend..an thoughts an prayers for your family... well I shall sign off an get ready for bed..

GOOD NIGHT !! an thank - you ladies for the wonderful chat here..

Respected Contributor

OH NO. MY LONG POST WAS SENT TO THE IRS, I'm sure of it. Oh dear.

WaJa, wish I could remember all I said to you. I know you and the others on 70s keep in touch by email, and that I could also, but DD says NO and I try to pay attention to her since she is so smart and wise. And I don't think I'd have what it takes to keep up with the deep conversations I'm sure you have with one another. Tell everyone that I remember them and love them. I appreciate the time and effort it took to post here and thank you.

No sinus infections for you. Maybe you could wear garlic around your neck, or is that to ward of vampires? Either way, a good thing. One doesn't want infections or vampires. {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

I would gladly be one of your DS's "special breed" if he would take me on the circuit with him. LOVE the pre race goings on. PRAYER, in Jesus Name often, the national anthem, the fly overs. Ah. My peeps. So glad he is getting on with the house building. Soon winter will play a role in that progress. Glad his fiancée is going into business and it would be wonderful if your niece could work with her one day, but I'm glad she enjoys the work she is doing now. Sorry your SIL has to go through dialysis. Have they decided whether or not to rebuild? So much stress in their lives.

Your new car looks gorgeous, and I do hope you can avoid paying all that interest. GS told his auntie that one of the accidents was attributed to the other person, and they are either going to call the other one 50-50 or the other person's fault. He's renting a car until his truck is ready next week. We are just grateful nobody was hurt. Thank you for praying for him. He just has to do something about his teeth.

It's 106 right now. I think it will go down into the 90s by the weekend but with higher humidity. That's good for the firefighters, but not comfortable for others. I'm not complaining. It's so nice inside the house and car. SNOW at DeLaney's? I remember that the beginning phase of her new house was last winter. How time flies.

Thanks for the heads up about nice ornaments at Pier One. I bought the Lenox set that the Q sold recently. Don't know what the others will want to do. I'd be very relieved to not have to try to figure out what to get people. Gift cards are welcomed, but it's like saying "here's one for you, and thank you for mine". No real personal thought.

Love the kitty...or cougar. SIL had a nice birthday, thanks. I always call and sing the birthday song to family members. Did that for him yesterday. Did Lurky sell her house yet? Praying for fair price for her and a good transition to the new way of living.

I have only2 memories of Christmas as a child. Always asked for and received books.

cute, so glad your DD called and is okay. Does a mother's heart good. Temps in the 50s with rain sound so good to me. Ahhhh. But we don't want rain this weekend for the fun fest. WaJa is very smart and will help you post a picture. Did I tell you that my DS and DDIL are putting in a whole new kitchen? It started out as a face lift, but ended up as a gut job. They have all new black appliances, granite counter tops. GS laid a new tile floor for them. They are waiting for their sink and microwave and other things. The original builder put a little desk in a corner. It wasn't a good use of the space, but they took it out and put a pantry in that space. Much better.

Hi to Issy, bath, MsLomo and all. Praying this will post....

snappy {#emotions_dlg.tt1}

Trusted Contributor

WOW !! Snappy good to chat, yes your family our very busy, an im loving the kitchen thing.. if we were younger I would love to do that to our kitchen, but at our age i'm just happy with the new carpet , here.. don't want to get too carried away... we our in the 70's an cool.. yes we had more rain last night.. sunny here now.. YES PRAYING for a GREAT weekend here.. hoping all is well with everyone on here.. I will sign off an get ready for bed.. yes all is good here..dd called 3 times today an spoke with her dad an I , she is such a joy, an always happy.. does a person good to hear her charming voice.. thanks..

GOOD NIGHT !! an THANKS for the chat..

Respected Contributor

Hi cute, I hear you about starting big projects as we age. The way I look at it here is that helping DD now will make it easier for her to sell when the time comes. Plus we get to enjoy the more modern looking place. But carpeting is enough for now, for sure. I'm so grateful that your DD is doing so well and is happy. It's special that she keeps in touch with you and her dad. Nothing quite like family.

Last night for the first time ever, I left the AC on all night. Went to bed around 1 this morning and it was still 84. It felt good to be comfortable and sleeping is easier than in a hot house. Am sure the electric bill will be higher, but it's not going to last forever. It's going down into the 90s and maybe 80s by the weekend. It's over 100 right now. Had though about going out to the store, but maybe tomorrow. Instead, I got some more books in the charity bag. Trying to empty out another book case so DD has more room in her den for other things. She isn't as interested in that as I am, but maybe will be once it's done.

Did I tell you that my sis had her cataracts removed and her corrective lenses implanted and now sees 20-25 with NO glasses? All she needs is little readers for fine print. She is so thrilled as she has worn glasses all the time for years. So glad for her.

Looking forward to hearing how things go this weekend, and wishing for NO rain. Nice to see you today and everyday.

Hi to Issy, bath, MsLomo, WaJa, Lurky and all our friends.

Trusted Contributor

WOW !! Snappy doing a Happy Dance for your sis, that is good news.. as being able to see so good, is a blessing.. I take the ANDREW LESSMAN vitamins for my eyes , an I no - longer need reading glasses..so i'm very thankful.. yes hoping you an your dd can get the house you our looking at... always something as now our garage door opener stopped working, an my Hubby says it will have to be re / place as the gears in it our stripped.. so I hear YOU about the up / keep.. well today started out nice, an then a few clouds went over an we had a down / pour... Sure was glad I had just put the " CORVETTE " in the garage.. Tomorrow evening is the parade of " CORVETTES " !! but kinda scary, as rain.. My SIL called an she was so excited about seeing the races, but she said the NOISE was horrible as hurting her ears.. she forgot to take ear / plugs, an had to use KLEENEX, rolled up.. They did not get the autographs, as too many people in line.. they sad 3 rows from the top, an she said it was like nose / bleed rows.. but she was glad she went, but she stated it was like a million people there...it was in CHICAGO, an they had to walk a great distance..

yes our dd has called 3 times today, an is doing well.. very happy, she has the neatest sense of humor, an cracks me up..

well I shall sign off an get ready for bed...

GOOD NIGHT !! hoping YOU are not close to those fires !! Yes loving the AIR / C ,an the HEAT here !! THANKS for the chat..

Valued Contributor

Hi Cute; always good to see you. I have been simply swamped lately, but I wanted all of you to know that I am thinking of you. Have fun at the parade--hope that it doesn't rain. I am glad to see that your DD is doing well.

Hi Snappy; how did your DD#2 like the ball game? Way too hot. Haven't seen the homeless man lately; guess that he is okay.

Waja, I love your new car. A friend of mine has one just like yours, and he loves it. How is little Gracie liking school?

Hi MsLomo--Dimitri is on this weekend, AND I AM NOT BUYING ANYTHING!!! I mean it. Hi Bathina; we miss you. Will be back later.

Trusted Contributor

Hello Issy an thanks for the chat !! Thank - You for thinking of All of us, an yes it seems like everyone is busy, now days !! Gotta tell you Issy the weather here was PERFECT today, an must have been 500 " CORVETTES " in the FUN RUN !! what a BLAST !! so exciting.. an then we all parked up / town by the court house, an ate.. just so much fun, my hubby an I had a blast.. hubby took the afternoon, off an joined me... I was so happy.. made my day..

well lady i'm heading to bed, this o great granny is beat..

tomorrow the day will start out early, an go all day !! " CORVETTE HEAVEN " is what I call it....

GOOD NIGHT !!

Valued Contributor

Hey Cute. So glad that you had a blast. There is a guy in our office building that drives a corvette, and I think of you every time that I see his car. So glad that your DD is doing well. That is such a blessing. I bought a sweater/coat from ShopHQ, last week. It has a black and white pattern all over it. Should be here today or Saturday. Have fun this weekend!!!!

Hi Snappy. Wonderful to hear about your sister's successful eye surgery. Modern medicine is so amazing. Have you been watching Ken Burns--"The Roosevelts"? I have been trying to, but I end up falling asleep each time. What a fascinating subject matter. There are pictures of the Roosevelts that I have never seen before. There is one picture of Teddy Roosevelt when he was a young boy--he was standing in an upstairs window as the funeral procession of Abraham Lincoln went by. Amazing.

Hi MsLomo; hope that you are well. Dimitri is on this weekend; I WILL NOT BUY ANYTHING. Yeah, right......

Hello Waja, Lurky and all of the wonderful ladies of the Q. Have a great weekend.

Respected Contributor

Hi friends, yesterday my computer wouldn't let me on the internet. Forgot to tell DD and am glad it's okay today. Don't know what that was about. Machines! It's just a little over 80 here today at a little after 1 in the afternoon. It's been overcast. Looking like a storm, but NOT. Yesterday I got to Target for the things I needed, except I remembered a while ago that I wanted to look at new land line phones. The one in the kitchen is dead. Have the one from my room out here. Forgot all about it while shopping.

cute, I'm so grateful you got the good weather you needed for the parade and am hoping today is just so special for all of you. How nice that your hubby was able to be with you for part of the day. Treasure those times.

My sis is thrilled with how well she can see and I'm glad you are getting some results from the AL vitamins for the eyes. Do you have cataracts? My BFF does, and is hoping they can come off next year. Today they are having the new windows put into their condo.

So glad your SIL enjoyed the race. Wow, I can tell from TV that it is LOUD there. Sorry she forgot her ear plugs. DD wears them in church because the music is at 90 decibels. Too loud. I wouldn't be able to do all that walking, glad she was. I enjoyed the race. Sorry Carl Edwards didn't win. I think maybe Bruce K could go all the way and win the whole thing, but anything can happen.

Issy, am sure you are busy. That's a good thing. What is the weather like in your area? Have you had the heat we have down south?

I have been watching the Roosevelts. Don't know how much is really true, of course, but it's interesting. Learned a lot about Teddy that I didn't know. FDR was president when I was born. Remember hearing him tell us that Pearl Harbor had been bombed. Remember when he died. Glad they set term limits after that. I think they need to do that for congress also.

DD#1 and her hubby went to the ball game last Saturday for his birthday. DD#2 and her BFF went the next day. It was 108 that day, so they sat in the shade and had ice cream and chatted. That's what it's all about really, at least for them. DS and DDIL sent pics of their new kitchen. They have pendant lights to hang over the peninsula, and can't quite decide on he back splash, but otherwise it's finished and looks so much better. Their house is almost completely open, so it shows and will make a big difference. Had a dream that we had done ours. Must be envy....

Hi to bath, MsLomo, WaJa, Lurky, and all.

Trusted Contributor

Issy an Snappy, so good to chat !! Yes we had a BLAST, an Perfect Weather here !! Hubby an I ate things today at the " corvette Funfest " that we should not have eaten , as fast foods , French fries, ice cream, like little kids in a candy store.. but we had fun, an enjoyed.. yes dd called today an was having a BLAST !! they had an ice cream social, an a band was playing, an she was Dancing.. she had went an got new clothes, so she was on cloud nine... I told her to DANCE like no - one was watching, an she just laughed... but it's good weather to just enjoy.. she was eating " BLUE / Berry " ice cream, I have never had that before.. sounded good..

Snappy i'm sorry you were having computer problems, an i'm having some also with this new computer, as I cannot get on face book, as it says not available..yikes what' s with that.. an glad your Sis is doing o.k. I just have reading glasses, but sense I started taking Andrew Lessman Vitamins for the eyes, I do not need to wear reading glasses anymore.. so i'm on cloud nine.. Tomorrow Hubby an I will head out to the FUNFEST for " CORVETTES " !! They have the traveling Viet Nam, Wall there an so interesting.. as this CORVETTE FUNFEST ,is in HONOR of the VETS PAST an PRESENT.. this year..

i'm loving your sons new kitchen, sounds great.. Well I had better sign off an get ready for bed !! BIG DAY tomorrow, again !!

GOOD NIGHT Everyone !! Great Chat..