Respected Contributor

Hi Issy, sorry you have had that nasty cold. No fun. Am sure Joan will love the bracelet you got for her. I need to talk with my DS about stopping the gift giving. They are putting in a new kitchen, so I rather think they will be relieved. It would be so nice to just be together with my family and enjoy the dinner and catch up on things and remember what Christmas really is. I'm giving thought to sharing with a charity instead, but the don't need to know that. The window treatment DD got isn't what I'd order, and she is having to get used to it, but she will. Hey, it's her house now.....Ah.

cute, I'm also hoping the rain stops before you would want to take the Corvette out. Would be so sad to not be able to hold the parade. Has it ever been postponed because of bad weather? It's supposed to be 108 on Sunday. DD#2 is going to a ball game in the middle of the day. She and her friend will just find shade somewhere and eat ice cream. Our poor lawn is all but dead. We aren't free to water as much as we need because of the serious drought.

Hi bath, MsLomo, Danky, Lurky, WaJa, and all our dear friends.

snappy {#emotions_dlg.tt1}

Valued Contributor

Hey Snappy; good to see you. My brother and SIL are having an open house next month. Of course.....refreshments will be served. Looking forward to it. I guess that your DD will get used to the windows, especially the black out at night. There were a lot of adjustments that you and your daughter had to make for the house. How does she feel being a homeowner?

Snappy, have you seen the prices of Joan Rivers' jewelry on Ebay? I have quite a bit of it; and I am still in shock that she is gone.

Well, Snappy, Christmas holiday pressure will be starting soon, if not already for some people. I want to enjoy the true meaning instead of getting caught up in the hoopla. I am determined not to stress out over it.

Hi Cute; hope that it doesn't rain on your parade. Love the Funfest. Hope everyone in your family is doing fine.

Hi MsLomo; hope that you are well. Hi Bathina; we miss you. Hi to CouponQueen, LurkyLoo, Waja, Danky, and all of the wonderful ladies of the Q.

Trusted Contributor

Hello Snappy , an Issy !! good to chat an THANKS.. yes it was cloudy here all day like rain, an my hubby had to work, until 3 : 30,today as they are starting to get busy !! we went an checked,on carpet, an my I was just blown away at the prices, an that did not include the padding... an the installers our busy until NOV. so we will have awhile to think it over...yes i'm hoping it does not rain on the FUNFEST for the " CORVETTES " as they will have it rain or shine... yes , I bet your dd is happy to have the windows done.. i'm always happy to get things done on the house,an then enjoy..

Issy hoping that you are feeling better, Yes everyone is doing fine, an not looking forward to the cold weather..in the 50's here... long under wear time..my sil called me an told me that she was digging out her long under / wear,as she is heading to the races for the weekend.. as Dale Earnheart, will be racing, an she is line / up to get all there autographs.. i'm not going how / ever.. just her family.. yes it will soon be CHRISTMAS time, an the open house you are going to sounds like fun,for sure..

well I shall get off of here an get ready for bed to get warm...

GOOD NIGHT !! to all of you an thanks so much for the chat..

Respected Contributor

Issy I know you will have a great time at the open house and tell us all about things. We all live social lives through you! I don't have any Joan Rivers jewelry or anything else. Have never looked on EBay at all for anything. It's hard to believe it when someone dies so suddenly and unexpectedly. They had a show scheduled for her this week, but they did Denim and Co instead. I think they are handling it well with tributes to her but it is a business with lots of other vendors and customers who want to continue buying what they need. It's hard, and I'm sure Melissa is sort of in shock.

DD is finding it expensive to own a house, but I help her with all the routine bills and pay my share of the food and other things. When I can, I go out and buy all my personal items like toothpaste, deodorant and all that good stuff we all need. It's not something she would like to do if she were alone here. They are starting to build a large area in our city that will have single family homes and condos and town houses. When the model homes are ready, we are going to look at them. These days people are living together in generations so lots of places are built with 2 master suites. Maybe we will consider selling here and buying there. It's much closer to her work and church and my doc, and will be a gated community with amenities.

cute, since they go on with the Corvette show whatever the weather, we just have to pray for clear skies! Maybelline has to be in the parade after all and it never rains on her. I'm sure that carpeting is expensive, so it's kind of good that you have a couple of months to think and plan. It is really worth it though.

It would be so much fun to go to a NASCAR race. Glad your SIL is getting to do that. Wow would I ever love that cool weather. It's over 101 here right now and they say it might be 108 tomorrow. DD is going to a ball game in the afternoon. She and her friend will hang out in the shade somewhere and have ice cream. And leave before it's over if it's too hot. Their seats are in the sun.

Hi to bath, MsLomo, Danky, and all.

Trusted Contributor

Hello Snappy, so good to chat !! an WOW !! our you truly serious about moving ?? as it sounds wonderful,to be close to everything, sounds so wonderful.. yes we all have to make plans as our home is very expensive also.. as up - keep.. we might have to down size when hubby stops working.. hubby an I went to a different carpet place an much cheaper, at this place, so we shall see.. we do not want to over spend, however.. at our age we have to be careful..some people look at us like we have 2 heads, like at our age, we our purchasing new carpet, well yes, we want to enjoy,what time we have hear.. so we have to be - careful... yes the " CORVETTE " show will go on, an we will not miss , but the " CORVETTE " might not make, it, but they ALL look forward to seeing our car.. if i'm late they all have a fit.. like where were you, kinda thing... they our usually waiting for me, at the gate.. telling me where to park...I think 3, 000 CORVETTES our registered.. from all over the world.. a couple from CHINA got married out there one year.. you never know what will happen.. hubby an I mowed today,an yes SUNNY , but cool, hubby an I had our windows opened airing out the house... the baby - bunny was out there eating fresh grass after we mowed, so cute..i mowed an hubby used the weed eater, as I cannot use the weed - eater, or we would have a lot of tore up stuff,or I might be minus a leg , or something,as I would be dangerous.. I love Joan Rivers items,an yes I have plenty.. she is so missed..

well I shall sign off an get ready for bed..it's been a long day...

GOOD NIGHT !!! an Issy you will have too fill us in , on the PARTY TIME..

Respected Contributor

Hi cute, it's 106 here right now and still just a few minutes past noon. It's going to get hotter. DD just left for the ball game. They have seats in the sun, but will no doubt hang out in the shops and eat ice cream and at some point they are allowed to sit in seats that remain unoccupied, so they will sit in the shade. May leave early, but they are best friends and will have a good time together.

Well, we aren't exactly planning on moving, but if we like the model homes and if DD could afford one, and IF she can sell here, maybe. This place is really too big for one person to manage. We need a man around the house!.

I'm sure your Maybelline...and more importantly, YOU...are very important to those who attend that show. What an interesting place to get married!

Glad you found a place to get carpeting for less. I don't think it's odd to want to replace what is worn out. Even if you are only thinking about resale some day. People would like a place that had GOOD carpeting rather than some that is worn out. It's just smart, plus yes, you should enjoy your place no matter your age.

Boy, I wouldn't want to be set loose with a weed eater either! We would be dangerous with that sort of tool.

NASCAR is on. Carl Edwards is still my favorite, but I don't think he will win the whole thing this year. Still I can root for him. Our Angels and Dodgers are both doing well and in first place. UCLA won their football game yesterday, but USC lost. Oh well, we can't win them all.

Hope everyone stays cool and has a nice Sunday.

snappy, {#emotions_dlg.tt1}

Respected Contributor

Howdy, neighbors! Just stopping by to see what you ladies have been up to. Sounds like LOTS of sprucing up, fun plans, cooking, shopping, sports-watching (my youngest son would adopt you, Snappy!!) and looking forward to Fall! Much the same here. I'm anxiously awaiting the first hard frost to kill off the ragweed so my allergies will clear up.

Issy, I peeked at some of Joan's pieces on eBay and it might have been my shock that took the whole site down! Yes, eBay went down and it was just as well, since I couldn't pay those prices, but had hoped to pick up a bee pin for a neighbor who was one of Joan's biggest fans. I'll have to find something else for her birthday... I want to get my Christmas shopping done, too, but just had to replace my vehicle and OUCH! I hope there will be some goods sales coming up soon!

Have fun looking at the model homes, Snappy! Never hurts to look and who knows; you and dd may love it. The convenience, added security and uncomplicated lifestyle is the way to go in a world gone mad. The cost of living is never going to go down -- including upkeep of homes. DD should get top dollar on the house after all you two (and your DH) have put into it.

It's a good time to get new carpet, Cute! While it's not too hot, or too cold to air the place out. Speaking of the new carpet fumes and how it made our eyes, nose and throat burn at first. I think it's partly the stain protectant stuff they use... What color will you get? I would love to see a pic of Maybelline!! Have a good time at the car show!

Waving to dear MsLomo and all who stop by! From Millan.Net

photo imagejpg1_zps5e7fd40e.jpg

Trusted Contributor

WaJa61 , an long time no chat here, so good to see you here, an THANKS for the Bunny picture, yes we saw the Baby Bunny today, an a ground Squirrel, was out there also.. Yes we our excited about the carpet , this other place is coming to measure tomorrow, an the prices our cheaper, we our going with WHITE !! short shag... you know me !! as suppose to be easy to care for.. in the LIVING ROOM, DINING ROOM, an HALLWAY !! we don't have much company anymore..we our still un-decided about the 2 bath - rooms, we will do the den, an 2 bed-rooms later.. yes this coming weekend is the " CORVETTE " car show !! an " CORVETTE " Parade at 3 p.m. Thursday evening.. today was a Beautiful day so Hubby an I got Maybellene out for a ride..it has the FLAGS on it an really looks good..we got a lot of stares for sure.. but it has to be drove.. yes you can see it on my face book page !! an THANKS !!

Hoping that you will come back,an chat with us..

GOOD NIGHT !!

Respected Contributor

Hi WaJa, girl, it's so great to see you here! Or anywhere. Would your DS be a good "dad" for me? I gather he is a NASCAR fan too. Poor Carl. Looks to me like Brad K has a great chance to win the whole thing. Am sure you will be SO glad when the ragweed dies for the winter. What car did you decide upon? I know you were test driving and investigating different ones. I've talked with both my girls, but not my son yet. We are all on board with stopping the Christmas gift giving. I spend WAY too much, and am never quite sure people like what I get them. Some of the younger people have no money so they don't gift. Maybe we could do an ornament exchange or something like that. If we were to draw names, there would be some who wouldn't participate. Just found out my GS, the one with ADHD had 2 car accidents 2 weeks ago. He has insurance and his truck is in being fixed. Has a rental till then. Nobody hurt. Asked him what he's doing about his teeth, but he hasn't responded to that question. Today is my SIL's 58th birthday! Now he and DD are the same age. Told her she's not a cougar anymore. DD#2 and I will for sure look when model homes are ready. They are working on grading the land and building large retaining walls all over the place, so it will be quite a while before there are any homes ready, but we are interested. It would involve HOA fees, which could be a deal breaker. Whatever the Lord has for us is what we want. Look forward to hearing from you again soon.

cute, I can just see Lucky disappearing on that white shag carpeting! LOL I know you are someone who shampoos her rugs regularly. My beige FR rug needs cleaning big time. Right where my feet are at this very moment. So glad you were able to get Maybelline out yesterday. I'm sure people stare, but they wish it were their car, is what I think. Hope for good weather this coming weekend. Big doings in your area. I think it's probably at least 100 here right now and will be again tomorrow, then down into the lower 90s which is still hot. So terribly dry. Our eyes are bothering us so much. Dry, dry, like the desert we are out here. Is your DD doing okay? Haven't heard you mention her lately, so I'm hoping no news is good news.

Hi to MsLomo, bath, Lurky, CouponQueen and all our dear friends.

Respected Contributor

Hello and happy Monday, cute! Yes, I'm sorry I don't have much chat time here between work, trying to keep up with my greenhouse, volunteering with my church, helping out with my granddaughter, Gracie (her mom has Lupus) and the usual chores... Once or twice a week, I try to at least read the posts. Miss you gals -- dang work anyway, cutting in on the fun stuff! Wink

I ordered by phone the Nick Chavez Shampoo and Conditioner, and the gel this morning. First time trying his line and will be excited to try it. Does anyone here use his products? I also use Bare Minerals, but don't need any right now. Nice TSV though for those who do.

Glad adorable Baby Bunny is thriving so well! Our squirrels have already begun to gather acorns which started falling late last month. Early, hard winter in these parts, I bet! Another poster (DeLaney) up in Montana already had SNOW last week! {#emotions_dlg.w00t} 7” from an Alberta clipper. I hope we get to enjoy Autumn before Winter arrives...

Oh, you are bold to go with white carpeting, cute! That is really going to brighten up the house. Nice that you got such a good deal, too. So excited for you!! We went with light gray -- a textured pattern. Looks almost as though it was woven. Will have it cleaned before Christmas decorating begins. Do you enjoy decorating? I do -- that's a labor of love, but somehow... taking it all down is WORK. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Hubby and I love the classic cars (and trucks)! If you ever want to post a pic of Marbelline here, I'll be happy to try to help you with it. I am on an iPad so have to use PhotoBucket.

Enjoy the rest of your day and I hope the carpet install goes well for you and Mr. Cute!!

Hello, dear Snappy!! Always a special treat to see you, oh delightful one! I am here and there and everywhere today. A regular 'round about! {#emotions_dlg.devil2}

DS2 would spoil you rotten because that's the way he rolls... especially with female NASCAR fans! "A special breed", according to him. He yaks about it to me until he sees my eyes glazing over, then asks me "what's to eat?" He's not only a fan(atic), but is a rep for the auto parts company he works for. Travels the circuit much of the time. He is currently pretty preoccupied with the house building, the inspectors, etc., and of course, the fiancée... They went to church with us yesterday, then stayed for dinner. Did I tell you she is a veterinarian? She works in the city right now at a vet hospital, but is looking to open her own office soon, in a nearby town. My wish is that my niece, Lori (Zach's mom) will hook up with her eventually, since as I've told you that's her first love, too, but she is enjoying the daycare job for now. Can't go back to school just yet. Her mom's condition has not improved thus far... Please remember to pray for her.

I finally decided on the Range Rover Evoque that DS2 so highly recommended:

photo imagejpg1_zps26435376.jpg

Crossover, but not a hybrid. I love everything about it (so far) but the payments. Going to get it paid off SOON because I have no desire to buy it 3 times through interest. Applying to borrow from our own profit sharing funds -- and preparing to be taxed out the wazoo, but hopefully will still come out ahead.

My gosh, but you are in a heat wave out there. Will you get any rain off the hurricane? It looks HUGE on the weather map, and as much as y'all need the rain, I hope you'll get no flooding. No frost here yet, but temps are really supposed to dip tonight. Keeping my fingers crossed -- don't want another sinus infection.

I think your idea for a family gathering for Christmas (take lots of pics) is a nice one. The gift giving thing is kinda out of control for some. Whatever one can afford, as it works for each family, I say. I try to get the adult kids things they NEED, like my daughter-in-law needs a new system to help her with the Sunday school classes she still teaches, and mailings for the church, etc., so I've ordered her a MacBook Air. One "big" gift for each, then the stocking stuffers. Extended family and friends get cards with family pics -- and gift cards for any who need/appreciate them. Otherwise, we enjoy getting together with loved ones during the holidays when they're off from work. That's the BEST! I can tell you, I certainly don't remember my grandparents gifting all their children and grandchildren back in the day!! Lord knows, that would have been impossible, and as the families grow, the same is true today, other than for the very wealthy maybe. My daughter is one of those who is big on saying, "Make a small donation in my name to such and such charity". A lot of folks are going that way now -- I think it's nice! Ornament exchanges are wonderful, too! Pier One always has nice ones on sale. I wouldn't stress over it, Snappy -- do what you can and be at peace.

Thank The Lord your GS wasn't injured!! 2 accidents -- yikes! {#emotions_dlg.scared} Glad he is well insured and I hope his rates don't increase too much. (My sister's with State Farm didn't rise at all yet, though she was hit from behind by the trucker.) Looks like he is going to let his teeth go... Such a shame! His health will suffer and if the bone/tissue deteriorates dentures won't fit him well. We can't force them, though and he likely has a hard time with decision-making due to his ADHD. I'll say a prayer for him.

{#emotions_dlg.laugh} DD1 has lost her cougar status, temporarily:

photo imagejpg1_zps9d9bc4b7.jpg

Happy birthday to Mr. Wonderful!

Will be looking forward to hearing about the new development. The more I learned about Ruth Ann's Moravian retirement community, I was thinking of converting to get my name on the wait list! Wink Everything a body needs is right there -- including transportation, should you want to venture out. Some HOAs are well worth it; others... Not so much. You'll know when the times comes. I'll see you on 70s soon!

Waving to all the hello-ers! Have to get dinner going now. Enjoy your evening, ladies!