Trusted Contributor

Here we go! Hello again! Patty Kaye and Killer will be pleased, I think, and this Part 2 is dedicated to them. I tried to post but got a message that this discussion was no longer active, so looks like it's time to start a new one!

Snappy, so glad your car didn't need new tires! Got to keep that battery up, so ...

Yes, it's time! Let's pack the hamper, borrow Mr. and Mrs. DD's Nancy Drew car, and hit the road! No ants allowed at the picnic!

Have a good night, everyone.

Trusted Contributor

Here is the new ""hello"" thread. Hope you can see it!

Valued Contributor

OMG, MsLomo; thanks for starting the new thread. Quick thinking on your part. I remember you asked me a question about the Tesla. It is an all electric car; I think that it gets about 250 miles per charge.

I haven't made the kale salad yet; I look at it every day when I open my refrigerator. I did read that you have to massage it to break down the fibers????

Hi Snappy; hope that all is well with you. So glad that you don't have to get new tires, and yes, you do have to start your car more. I have an SUV that I hardly ever drive, too. BTW, I haven't had any problema with my car; keep your fingers crossed.

Hey Cute. I am looking forward to seeing the September issue of Health Magazine. Do I have the name correct?

We are all going on a picnic, and no ants invited.

Respected Contributor

Hi there. Thanks, MsLomo for starting the new thread. I didn't think this would happen until the first of the year, but hey, we are resilient people! So grateful we are able to meet together like this. Thanks to the Q for the opportunity.

Was vacuuming the garage, and pulled something in my lower back, so OUCH, I'm sitting here in a degree of pain. DD is working in her classroom. Lowes says the windows and doors are all in, but they are waiting for a kit they need for installing the doors. She thinks that will mean it won't get done before she has to go back to work, but I'm praying otherwise.

Bath, I went to the other place and after clicking here and there was able to sign in, but that's as far as I could get. Couldn't figure out how to sign out, so I hope it just happens if I don't go back. Hope you stop by here so we can keep in touch. We love you.

Hi Issy, cute and all our friends here.

snappy {#emotions_dlg.tt1}

Trusted Contributor

Hi, Issy! I hope Devia finds her way here! She started a new thread about the missing first one!

Bath connected with me (next door), and she alerted me that the first thread may have been deactivated, and she was right. So, here we are. New adventures!

Yes, I read that, too, about massaging the kale (to bring out its sweet flavor?). Did we read that in the QVC forums? I think so! I may be dreaming about the "bring out its sweet flavor" part. I am thinking massage is a good thing all around. How long can you keep that kale in your fridge before it loses its nutrients? Hmm. Maybe tonight you should massage it, rinse it, and steam it. Add dried cranberries, sliced almonds, and maybe a little yogurt honey-mustard salad dressing, although I'm not sure about the dressing. Maybe a raspberry vinaigrette. I think I remember that from Snappy's Trader Joe's kale salad that she likes but DD doesn't.

I am now wondering if there are easy-to-find charging stations in case you go on a long trip in the Tesla. Maybe a portable charger you can carry in the Tesla trunk? Maybe soon the online shopping channels will sell portable car chargers you can carry in your handbag! Wouldn't that be great.

I think the magazine is "Natural Health" but I'm not sure. Devia, what's the name of the magazine that your GD is in this September?

Trusted Contributor

Hi, Snappy! We were posting at the same time! I am so sorry about your back. I hope you can get a heating pad or some Ben Gay on it so it will feel better. Very painful when that happens. Ouch!

Respected Contributor

Hi MsLomo, so nice to see you. I wrote down the magazine name when cute posted it. "National Bikini Magazine" coming out 9-26-14. Don't know if it's available at drug stores and such places. Love your idea about portable chargers for cars. They would come in all colors with or without "bling". Like the Halos we get for our phones and tablets. Maybe with holsters also for those in the wild west. We could wear them with our jeans and boots. {#emotions_dlg.lol}

Enjoy your day,

Trusted Contributor

YAHOO Ladies, YES i found YOU, an Thanks for this !! i posted last night , but it did not go threw an now i know why !! as they ended the old one !! Great to see YOU ladies here !! We had POURING down, rain today !! Yes, i posted next door, to let some of YOU know the old Thread was done here..Yes the magazine will be out next month so exciting.." ALL FITNESS FASHION " !! she is wearing a gray sweat/shirt an holding a hand dumb- bell..in yellow..in her left hand...she has Blond long hair..we our so proud of her..an thanks..

Our baby Bunny, is still hanging around, an " LUCKY " wants to BARK, at it so bad..well i shall sign off an thanks for this..

GOOD NIGHT to everyone an THANKS...

Respected Contributor

cute, yeah, so glad to see you here. We just pick up right where we were and go on. Thanks to the Q for the opportunity to be together. I'm sure the rain will be helpful to the farmers. You should be (and are) so proud of your GD. Your whole family is super.

Yesterday while vacuuming the garage, something "ripped" in my low back and so I'm sitting here with the heat pad on. Have had this before, so I know it will get better in a few days. Had plans to go out today, but won't.

How does Lucky restrain himself? I mean it's natural for dogs to bark, but he seems to know he shouldn't with the bunny. Do you think if he did bark, the bunny would be scared off? I wonder. Maybe he's so used to you that he wouldn't be afraid.

Well, hope you and all our friends here have a nice day,

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Yeah, Cute; you made it. We really are a good group; we just keep keeping on. I will certainly watch out for the magazine in September. That is so exciting!

Hi Snappy. I am so sorry that you hurt your back. Please try to rest a bit, but I know how back pain feels. Sometimes you just can't get comfortable. I went over to the Bistro for spaghetti, which was delicious. I saw the homeless man yesterday. I stopped my car at the stop sign, and he walked in front of my car. He really didn't look at me. He was carrying his sleeping bag. I didn't talk to him, but he seems okay.

Looks like your windows will not be done before your DD has to go back to school. I am looking for new drapes for my living room. Can't decide on what to do.

Hey MsLomo, thanks for stopping by. Have you been back to the dentist yet? I think that we all have horror stories. I remember once that my dentist was giving me a shot and I almost jumped out of the chair. He said "I must have hit a nerve; one side of your face is green". I felt like the right side of my face was on fire!!! Guess that might be too much information.

Hi Bathina; we miss you. Hello to all of the wonderful ladies of the Q.