Honored Contributor

Yes, flags are lowered on 9/11. If you have a flag on your residence but don't have a way to bring it half way down then it's respectful to attach a black ribbon at the top of the pole.

download (2).jpg

Esteemed Contributor

there's a way to lower a flag that's attached to your house....involves a black streamer....just google it....

Honored Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

In my opinion flags should be lowered only upon the death of a President of past President.

We lower them for too many things now.  The flag should stand tall at all times for what we believe in and cherish--except for when one of our leaders passes.

Yes, I agree.  Around here, flags are at lowered more often than not.  We might as well keep them at half-staff permanently.  But, having said that, I don't know the protocol for 9/11.

@ValuSkr 

@Johnnyeager   Posted this above fyi.

By a joint resolution approved by Congress on 12/18/2001, (Public Law 107-89) September 11th of each year has been designated as “Patriot Day”. This law also directs flags be lowered to half-staff on September 11th.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

Of course all flags should be lowered tomorrow

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

I feel they should be lowered, and  another thing that is bothering me ,a air show is going on tomorrow,in our area, i find that i think it should had been done ,any other time ,not tomorrow.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@goldensrbest Well today is the 10th so the flags would not be lowered until tomorrow, the 11th.

I just hope they are.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@Johnnyeager,

Thank you for posting that.

I think it is a wonderful way to always pay tribute. 

but either way up or lowered, wouldn't it be great if all across America we could see the flags,

all together as one nation!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"