Honored Contributor

Should they be lowered for tomorrow? I just had to go out,and noticed most were not.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

In my opinion flags should be lowered only upon the death of a President of past President.

We lower them for too many things now.  The flag should stand tall at all times for what we believe in and cherish--except for when one of our leaders passes.

The flag stands for the United States of America and should stand tall as a symbol of freedom and sacrifice at all times.  

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest   If you're talking about the flags at our homes, I would say since they are affixed to some sort of pole/dowel it would make it hard to fly at half staff.

I believe we should just fly our flags proudly paying the utmost respect for ALL who went before us. 

Esteemed Contributor

I, personally, think they should be lowered.  All the first responders made the ultimate sacrifice in order to save others .

Esteemed Contributor

September 11, 2021 - Half Staff Alert - Entire United States

By a joint resolution approved Dec. 18, 2001 (Public Law 107-89) has designated Sept. 11 of each year as "Patriot Day," which also directs the flags be lowered to half-staff for the entire day on Sept. 11.

(Of course, no private person or business is required to participate, should they elect to opt out.)

Honored Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

@goldensrbest   If you're talking about the flags at our homes, I would say since they are affixed to some sort of pole/dowel it would make it hard to fly at half staff.

I believe we should just fly our flags proudly paying the utmost respect for ALL who went before us. 

@PINKdogWOOD 

I agree, we'll fly ours loud and proud to honor those who died for us and our flag!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

In my opinion flags should be lowered only upon the death of a President of past President.

We lower them for too many things now.  The flag should stand tall at all times for what we believe in and cherish--except for when one of our leaders passes.

Yes, I agree.  Around here, flags are at lowered more often than not.  We might as well keep them at half-staff permanently.  But, having said that, I don't know the protocol for 9/11.

Esteemed Contributor

I agree with the fact that we fly them lowered way too often.  I do feel, however, 9/11 was such a tragedy and trauma for this country, they certainly should be lowered that day.

Honored Contributor

Just my opinion of course, but I believe the American flag stands for and represents America and it’s people not just one person as in a President.If America has a tragedy especially like nine eleven the flag should be lowered to commemorate those Americans. 

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest Well today is the 10th so the flags would not be lowered until tomorrow, the 11th.